Options

Thank you notes after group interview

techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
I had a group interview today that went well and plan on sending thank you notes tomorrow. The problem is after asking for it I only received contact info from 2 of 3 interviewers. The one that I don't have would be the one I work under. I have written 2 different thank you notes which I've read is much better than sending the same one to other people. I might be able to guess the missing email, is that acceptable? If I can't is it ok to ask the first contact HR to relay a thank you to the third interviewer? Or any thoughts on how this should be handled?
2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    uh....you stated written, I actually thought you 'wrote' a letter out.

You'll need to obtain the correct information and deliver the message yourself. NEVER rely on another party to pass along a 'thank you' for a job/interview type situation. You can easily call the HR or just the main office number to obtain the last party's contact information...it would be proper to explain why you need it as well as some businesses have policies against giving out direct contact info (and force outsiders to follow proper contact channels).

And once you have the information, send all three. Though, I'd recommend a letter rather than an e-mail. E-mail is better than nothing.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    BerkshireHerdBerkshireHerd Member Posts: 185
    Could you just address it to the business and put the the third person name on it. I'm sure with a dept, they could find the right person for it to get to.
    Identity & Access Manager // B.A - Marshall University 2005
  • Options
    I should have clarified, written as drafts in a text file. A handwritten letter through the mail would be better than email?

They said it was going to be another couple of weeks before they decide so snail mail would probably work. I have terrible hand writing but I can try my best if it's better than email.

Yes I have the third interviewers name, and the 2 emails I have a follow a name format that I was going to try to reach the third one. I don't have the departments, just the interviewers job title and I'm unsure of the third one, maybe IT manager. The company occupies 5 floors of a building with ~200 employees.

When addressing the envelope how should the format be.

Name
    Company
    Address

or

Name
    Title
    Company
    Address

Or something else? It's been years since I've sent anything in the mail.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    Basically what I thought above. However the capital print is very odd and something I rarely see on envelopes. I sent them out today, ended up doing:

Company
    Address
    City, State Zip
    ATTN: Name

This was suggested to me by someone that regularly receives mail in a large business location from other businesses but rarely sends. Either way should be fine I think. Next I'll do the Name, Company, Address. I think it has a better flow to it.

What do people think about sending thank you notes after an interview that you know isn't a good fit?

I'm thinking a quick email thanking them for the time but saying it's not a fit as it's not a challenge and wish the best of luck on their hiring process and the business' future.