GBDialer spyware

Ally77Ally77 Member Posts: 212
Urgent help required please if anyone can?
Went to fix a friend of the familys computer. **** sites constantly popping up, hijacked home page and Internet explorer renamed to exsplorer and another instance appears called e1xplorer. They are not clued up with computers and so only had norton 2003 installed with the definitions obviously out of date.
Have god rid of all trojans etc apart from this gbdialer (another dialup connection is also present called connessione predefinita, same idea)
Adaware picked the dialer up and said its deleted but it is not.
Have tried running many programs such as spybot, adaware, stinger etc in normal and safe mode but the problem persists. HAs anyone come accross a similar problem?
Have tried searching and trying out methods i have found but stil no luck! Keep seeing references to a program called hijack this but have never used it myself!!
Any help greatly appreciated icon_sad.gif

Comments

• RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What is the OS you are running?

If it is XP I would suggest that you download and run the MS ANtispyware and Ewido - between those they should sort it, but you can always use Spyware Doctor as a 3rd run. These days I only use Adaware and Spybot on W98 machines.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I would do a search for any files with GBdialer, delete them. That should corrupt the spyware so it doesn't work. Then try the Ewido suite, and Hijack This. Also, for a free and updated virus scan, try the Housecall from Trendmicro.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Ally77Ally77 Member Posts: 212
    Thanks very much for the prompt replies people. Have downloaded ewido and a few others and will try them. il let u know how it goes!!

P.s yeah sorry its running XP, should have mentioned that!! icon_redface.gif
    Hey Ally, I think I can one-up myself...check this. It should scan specifically for that crap and remove it. Now this is just one of many spyware programs, but a friend of mine used the same link and program to remove the same crap. Hopefully, it works for you as well...........
  • mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    hijack -this will prob solve your problem, If that does not work i could recommend a few more browser fixers..just repost if your still in trouble.
    I just tried that Spyware Doctor myself, it found quite a few that Ad-Aware and Ewido did not find. The only problem is you have to buy the full product to actually remove the spyware files. You can do it maually if there aren't too many by viewing the log file it generates after a scan. Either way, spyware sucks, and those who create it should be hung out to dry, slowly.
  • Ally77Ally77 Member Posts: 212
    Thanks for the help people, i used ewido and ms antispware in conjunction with spybot and adaware etc and think it has done the trick!Ewido found 267 objects that the previous 6 or 7 spyware programs had not including around 40 instances of the dialer!!
    I will be takin the computer back to its owner tonight or tomorrow so will know for sure then. Think its ok tho. Thanks for the advice :D
  • keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Good job. I've seen ewido find things time and time again that most other more popular solutions miss.