Options

Difference between CCNA and Network +

ManruiManrui Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Can anyone tell me the difference between CCNA and Network + ? For professional purposes, which one is better to have?

Man rui

Comments

• Options
    fonduefondue Member Posts: 104
    About $20k per year... advantage Cisco

Network+ is a good overall network certificate. A Cisco certificate, even though it's vendor specific, carries much more wieght in the industry and usually will command more money. To back this up, look through any job posting site for Network Admin or similar, they usually prefer or require Cisco CCxx.
  • Options
    keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    fondue wrote:
    About $20k per year... advantage Cisco

Network+ is a good overall network certificate. A Cisco certificate, even though it's vendor specific, carries much more wieght in the industry and usually will command more money. To back this up, look through any job posting site for Network Admin or similar, they usually prefer or require Cisco CCxx.

And the sad thing is that more often than not, they ask for you to have things that are in no way related to job being advertised for.
  • Options
    my_id_0308my_id_0308 Member Posts: 171
    Definately CCNA is better than Network Plus.
    More in depth for the networking area.The outside world recognize CCNA more than Network Plus in my place!!
  • Options
    JiggsawwJiggsaww Member Posts: 195
    think of N+ not as a replacement but more as a introduction to CCNA........i did it and i can tell u it's a fun exam and it covers certain technologies that Cisco goes in depth in.........
  • Options
    ciscoguyciscoguy Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    wastedtimewastedtime Member Posts: 586 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'd browse some network+ books and see if you know the material well. If you feel you could pass it with very few wrong answers then I'd go to CCNA(unless you just want to have another cert behind you). CCNA is much harder then network+. But for job purposes CCNA is looked at a lot better then network+.
  • Options
    jsobrinogjsobrinog Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    During my carieer we saw CCNA , from semester 1 to 4 and with the new stuff from cisco. When i atended to the network+ course it look like a brief and smooth story telling from cisco. Far far away the ip addressing sheme is very different. I miss cisco jejee.

:)