Options

best/favorite/current industry to work in IT

jabokimjabokim Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
What has been your favorite industry to work in IT and why? worst? Dream industry?

Comments

• Options
    BeowolfjBeowolfj Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My most favorit to date, the health insustry, simply because it still has room to grow and expand.

My worst, construcitons, for obvious reaons, crapy hours and that feast or famen roll

the dream instusty, gameing. Its a hobby I get lost in, and if I worked the industry its possalbe I'd never go home
  • Options
    pevangelpevangel Member Posts: 342
    I currently work for an ISP/MSP/CSP, and I would say that it's my favorite industry so far.

Worst for me would be small enterprises with small budgets where you end up working on archaic gear and applications.
  • Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,565 Mod
    I think it's more organization-specific than industry specific, and it depends on your boss and teammates, but I'd say non-for profit organizations seems relaxed enough for me.
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    cwshellhamercwshellhamer Member Posts: 90 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Beowolfj wrote: »
    My most favorit to date, the health insustry, simply because it still has room to grow and expand.

My worst, construcitons, for obvious reaons, crapy hours and that feast or famen roll

the dream instusty, gameing. Its a hobby I get lost in, and if I worked the industry its possalbe I'd never go home

This... however with a 3 month old at home at hobby is G_O_N_E lol
    HAVE: A+
    Working on: N+, CCENT
    Associates Degree: Lincoln Technical Institute ( DO NOT GO!)
    Bachelors degree in progress: Computer Information Systems and Cyber security - Strayer University