Options

Interview on friday, what should I do to prepare (job description included)

RedGaiterRedGaiter Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
So I have an interview on friday morning. I'm just wondering what you all think I should brush up on or do to better prepare myself.

The
Department has a need for a Remote System Administrator to work in our office. This role is a 1 year, fixed term contract with some benefits like healthcare coverage and PTO.

Position Description

This position is responsible for providing remote systems support and maintenance for mission-critical Radiology imaging and workflow systems that are deployed at customer facilities around the world.
• Resolve customer requests that are initiated through multiple support channels, including: telephone and online support request submissions
• Troubleshoot complex issues on production RIS and propietary radiology systems which utilize some of the following technologies: proprietary company software, Local & Wide Area Networks, Windows Servers and workstations, Enterprise-class hardware & storage systems, and Oracle databases
• Liaison with internal teams, including R&D, Technical Response, Systems Engineering, Production & Installation, and Sales as required to deliver on customer requests
• Perform scheduled preventative maintenance and systems administration functions at customer facilities
• Create a world-class customer experience while delivering on support requests through active communication and development of solid customer relationships
• Contribute to a fast-paced and highly collaborative team based work environment
• Ability to develop in-depth product knowledge and a commitment to continuous learning and personal development

Minimum Requirements

Recent graduates with exceptional customer service and technical skills are welcome to apply. Two years experience in a software technical support environment is considered and asset.

Critical Skills

* Ability to work on a rotating shift schedule to provide team coverage over the hours of 5:00am to 6:00pm PST.
* Ability to provide on-call pager support that is scheduled on a rotating basis with intervals of 8-10 weeks between shifts. Overtime compensation and a stipend are provided for on-call work
* Excellent verbal and speaking skills in the language that support will be provided
* Solid written business communication skills
* Strong customer service skills and ability to interact effectively with different audiences, including Information Technology Analysts and clinical radiology staff, including proprietary software Administrators, Technologists, and Physicians.
* Highly developed organization skills and an ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
* Troubleshooting skills and the ability to systematically approach complex hardware and software problems involving multiple technologies
* Networking fundamentals, including Ethernet, TCP/IP, WAN
* Knowledge and/or experience in Enterprise-class servers, workstations, and RAID storage systems and underlying technologies, including: server system management and Windows system administration.
* Knowledge and/or experience in supporting large, complex software packages; including designing configurations, identifying defects and workarounds, and troubleshooting integration issues.

Comments

• Options
    The Silent AssassinThe Silent Assassin Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    First off, congrats on the interview. Secondly from the looks of it this will be a new company you are interviewing for and not internal so you might want to be familiar with a few things like patch management, service level agreements, and standard downtime procedures. Be prepared to answer the generic "tell me about a time when..." questions as well as the greatest strength and weakness (if only interviewers could come up with some original questions, but that is another thread). Radiology is involved so you would be in a healthcare environment, maybe brush up on compliance laws like HIPAA.