Options

Beginner advice

ArticxArticx Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm currently a student in college trying to get into the IT field. I'll be able to graduate from my community college next fall. After this fall I'll be able to get the a+ cert. Right now I currently work in a plastics company and make about 13$ an hour but it's night shift and they are 12 hour shifts. My concern is trying to get some experience in the field. I don't know exactly what Field I want to branch I to because I love a lot about computers but I do have experience with writing code and security peaks my interest. With me graduating soon I want experience and if I have to take a pay cut that's fine because I know experience is more important in the long run. So my question is where do I start, what are some good basic entry jobs or what should I be looking for while trying to find basic jobs? Any help would be appreciated this is my first post I got motivated today after seeing my little brother graduate the marine corp and it made me want to have a plan. Sorry my thoughts and grammar are bad I'm on my iphone

Comments

• Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    There are different ways to go. I've listed some below.
    -Computer repair shop
    -Internet Service Provider (small and local)
    -Check the job posting for IT jobs for the company that you work for
    -Volunteer with the IT department at the company you work for
    -Part time volunteer work at a small organization

Check Job Search | one search. all jobs. Indeed.com

You are also welcome to post your resume so we can help with that too.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    Any help-desk or desk-side support job I think would be right up your alley...that's how most of us got started. Recruiters typically place those spots so try to get in touch with some and start getting your resume in there data bases.
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • Options
    ArticxArticx Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks for the help guys i really appreciate it. Im still reading up on resumes so it might take me a few weeks before i post mine. I have a question what exactly is a recruiter and how do I contact them?
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    There are different types of resume's. No one is going to scream at you for just doing it on your own and posting it :)
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****