Getting ready for the exam

SDeeSDee Member Posts: 82 ■■■□□□□□□□
I want to register for the exam within two weeks, I already finished all of the materials I have, which is mainly the CBT Nuggets videos and mixed Youtube videos.. I feel like I have a solid base and with a one week of actual 'exam practice' I will be ready, I downloaded the VCE exams from ************** and am doing just fine, need to work more on some topics (Malwares and SQLi mainly)

Now I want an advise from you people who passed the exam, what was the material that had the most benefit on your exam score mainly? what exam was the closest thing to the real exam?

I still remember when I first took the CCNA, all of the questions were from ************** exams, should I expect something similar with CEHv8?

I won't accept the idea of failing a 500$ exam, so I want to be 100% prepared before I take it..

Comments

  • tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    We are not that kind of forum. **** are cheating. Have some faith in yourself. If you aren't willing to spend $500 to pass the exam honestly, why should an employer be willing to hire you based on the certification for 100xs that amount?
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
  • SDeeSDee Member Posts: 82 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Not really looking for ****, but for a material that is similar to what I would expect to find in the exam.. I really have deep and great understanding of all of the topics except (Malwares, SQLi and Cryptography).. and this understanding is the true value of studying the materials.. unfortunately all of the knowledge would have no meaning with no certificates..

    So no it is not **** what am looking for, but I don't want to practice with exams that are not similar to what the exam would be..
    General recommendations for 'exam useful' material is what am here for..
  • tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    SDee wrote: »
    Not really looking for ****, but for a material that is similar to what I would expect to find in the exam.

    You just described a ****.
    SDee wrote: »
    all of the topics except (Malwares, SQLi and Cryptography).. and this understanding is the true value of studying the materials

    By dumping them, you are not going to get understanding of these topics and you will miss out on the "true value" of the materials and certification
    SDee wrote: »
    So no it is not **** what am looking for, but I don't want to practice with exams that are not similar to what the exam would be..
    Again, that's a ****. I can assure you no one is going to help you with that.


    If you are wanting legitimate material, start with the sticky HERE. Then, search throughout the forum for different "Passed!" threads and read what he/she used to study.
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
  • SDeeSDee Member Posts: 82 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Always thought **** = exact same questions
    Anyways am not dumping the SQLi, Cryptography and Malwares.. am just going to dig deeper in these topics for better understanding, I was just evaluating my current status

    Thanks for the advise =)
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Certification Invigilator Surf City, USAAdmin Posts: 11,532 Admin
    SDee wrote: »
    I still remember when I first took the CCNA, all of the questions were from ************** exams, should I expect something similar with CEHv8?
    Looks like here you are admitting to using **** for passing the Cisco CCNA exam. Having the actual exam Q&A sure helps in evaluating your "current status" of preparedness, doesn't it? Looks like you are asking for the same for the CEH exam too.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Senior Member Mod Posts: 6,861 Mod
    I won't accept the idea of failing a 500$ exam, so I want to be 100% prepared before I take it.

    Most people I know who use **** cite this as their logic for justifying ****.

    OP: Some people on this board have failed the CISSP, CEH, and other expensive certs twice (maybe 3 times?) and never resorted to using ****.

    Study hard, use legitimate resources such as Boson, etc. and you'll prevail.
  • Justin-Justin- Member Posts: 300
    On top of what cyberguypr said, you'll also learn the material on a theoretical level as well as practical (assuming you would do the included labs). It would feel like a huge stepping stone passing that exam without the use of ****.

    Be smart and don't use them, it's really for your own benefit. What you just stated in the OP is that you are essentially going to pay $500 for a paper cert that says you're a certified ethical hacker. That doesn't mean anything unless you actually learned something in the process of studying for it, which clearly you're not.
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 California Kid Mod Posts: 2,811 Mod
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    OP: Some people on this board have failed the CISSP, CEH, and other expensive certs twice (maybe 3 times?) and never resorted to using ****.

    It took me 3 tries to pass the CEH, missing it by 3 marks and then by 1 mark. I only passed it by trying to guess where I did the weakest and studying legitimate material for several more months in between everything I had on my plate. It kind of pisses me off to see someone pass it taking the easy way out (read:cheating).
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • SDeeSDee Member Posts: 82 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The idea was to take a test exam to identify my weaknesses.. in order to study it again and focus more on my weak points!

    but I won't deny it, you have to know "what will u be asked about" in the exam! there is no point in installing every single tool and learn to use it.. I don't find this to give any advantage or useful knowledge, a lot of other similar stuff..

    a lot of stuff that are included in the material don't give any worthy knowledge or skill, so if am not gonna be asked about them in the exam I don't really find any value in learning them.. some of them are about laws that identify cyber crimes in USA, I don't live in USA! should I really care about what article addresses cyber crimes?



    Regarding the 500$ part, yes I would rather take a test exam and address my weaknesses and study them again and better than failing the exam! no am not gonna memorize the answers and go to the exam if that what you think!!! just seems that these forums are fed up with **** talk.. and some replies were prepared without understanding of what am really looking for
  • SDeeSDee Member Posts: 82 ■■■□□□□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Most people I know who use **** cite this as their logic for justifying ****.

    OP: Some people on this board have failed the CISSP, CEH, and other expensive certs twice (maybe 3 times?) and never resorted to using ****.

    Study hard, use legitimate resources such as Boson, etc. and you'll prevail.

    I would rather take a test exam and learn my weaknesses than paying 500$+100$ just to address my weaknesses.. that's how I think
  • tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    SDee wrote: »
    but I won't deny it, you have to know "what will u be asked about" in the exam! there is no point in installing every single tool and learn to use it.. I don't find this to give any advantage or useful knowledge, a lot of other similar stuff..

    By your logic we should only study what is on the test. So if it isn't on the test it isn't important. You're neglecting the fact that there is no realistic way to test someone on EVERY concept of a given discipline. Taking a subset of the knowledge base and testing over that is pretty much standard in ALL testing from middle school, to university and onwards. This is common knowledge so I know your argument is not genuine. You know what you are doing.
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
  • SDeeSDee Member Posts: 82 ■■■□□□□□□□
    By your logic we should only study what is on the test. So if it isn't on the test it isn't important

    NO!

    But if I feel that some certain topics (let's say knowing every tool for a specific task, or the rules that address cyber crimes in the US) does not really give me any added value, and it is not included in the test then yes I would drop it cause ((I)) dont find it important, not just because it is not on the test
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Senior Member Mod Posts: 6,861 Mod
    Accurate assessment from tprice5. My conclusion is that you just don't get it. Every single exam IT exam I have taken (20+) require extensive studies just to be asked a series of questions that represent a minuscule part of the material covered. That's just the way it is, period. I hate to say it again but your wording is similar to my ****-freindly acquaintances.

    The solution for being legit is simple: master and know this stuff inside out at the appropriate level. What do I mean? Take Wireshark for example. Do you need to know how to follow TCP streams? Most likely not. Do you need to know how to filter by source, destination, protocol, etc? Absolutely. Same with tools. Do you need to know the zillion outdated utilities they cover? NO! Do you need to know the most popular and widely used? Absolutely! There's a ton of "Passed (insert exam here)" threads where members provide great insight on things you should master.
  • SDeeSDee Member Posts: 82 ■■■□□□□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    The solution for being legit is simple: master and know this stuff inside out at the appropriate level. What do I mean? Take Wireshark for example. Do you need to know how to follow TCP streams? Most likely not. Do you need to know how to filter by source, destination, protocol, etc? Absolutely. Same with tools. Do you need to know the zillion outdated utilities they cover? NO! Do you need to know the most popular and widely used? Absolutely! There's a ton of "Passed (insert exam here)" threads where members provide great insight on things you should master.

    Exactly! (Though I find following the TCP stream fundamental) this is what am saying.. but if they ask about minor details of outdated tools in the exam, I would rather learn them (knowing I will never use them) than fail the exam, if they don't then great!
  • IristheangelIristheangel CCIEx2 (Sec + DC), CCNP RS, CCNA V/S/R/DC, CISSP, CEH, MCSE 2003, A+/L+/N+/S+, and a lot more from m Pasadena, CAMod Posts: 4,123 Mod
    SDee wrote: »
    Exactly! (Though I find following the TCP stream fundamental) this is what am saying.. but if they ask about minor details of outdated tools in the exam, I would rather learn them (knowing I will never use them) than fail the exam, if they don't then great!

    I still don't think you get it. Sigh. If you keep dumping, it's going to become more and more obvious with every technical interview you fail. There's no justification for cheating. If you feel that the content on the exam is useless, why bother get the piece of paper in the first place? You can make the claims about CEHv8 having outdated tools, but what's your excuse for the CCNA exam? Do you find TCP/IP really outdated and useless? :P And don't say Frame Relay because that is not even a large part of that test.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • SDeeSDee Member Posts: 82 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I still don't think you get it. Sigh. If you keep dumping, it's going to become more and more obvious with every technical interview you fail. There's no justification for cheating. If you feel that the content on the exam is useless, why bother get the piece of paper in the first place? You can make the claims about CEHv8 having outdated tools, but what's your excuse for the CCNA exam? Do you find TCP/IP really outdated and useless? :P Ad don't say Frame Relay because that is not even a large part of that test.

    This is getting on my nerves!!!
    If you feel that the content on the exam is useless, why bother get the piece of paper in the first place?

    if I find, around 10% of the exam to be useless then I better not take the exam at all
    STRONG LOGIC!!

    With CCNA, if you read carefully you'd understand that I had no idea what **** are, and I only wanted something as a practice to assess my understanding, and I was shocked to find out that the questions are exactly the same
  • IristheangelIristheangel CCIEx2 (Sec + DC), CCNP RS, CCNA V/S/R/DC, CISSP, CEH, MCSE 2003, A+/L+/N+/S+, and a lot more from m Pasadena, CAMod Posts: 4,123 Mod
    If it's only 10% of the exam you find useless, why bother cheating? Just blow through it or overcompensate by really knowing the material.

    As far as logic, it's not really logical to continually try to justify your cheating with excuses like you dont feel the need to learn every topic on the exam so therefore it's ok.

    Just get through your exams the honest way. Trust me, it'll pay off in the long run whether you see it or not
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Justin-Justin- Member Posts: 300
    Put it this way: If cheating on university exams is illogical, wouldn't the same concept apply here as well? Sorry, but your justification isn't right - ethically/practically. If this is what you're going to do, then this is definitely not the site for you.
  • KelkinKelkin Member Posts: 261 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think its time to lock this thread.. seems its not going anywhere..
  • bradl3yCbradl3yC Member Posts: 67 ■■■□□□□□□□
    OP are you looking for a practice test? There is a link on the left of this page that says "Practice Exams".

    There are others too, look in the "Passed!" threads and some will tell you what practice exams they used.
Sign In or Register to comment.