Options

CCAr©

Anyone know of any CCAr's© out there in the big wide world???

Comments

• Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Up until this post, never even heard of it :)
  • Options
    sferg410sferg410 Member Posts: 129
    Cisco Certified Architect, costs about $15,000 dollars in fees and a serious commitment to Cisco..
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    I very much doubt most employers are looking for CCArs but it's probably one of those things that people like Neil Moore or Scott Morris would do just to say they did it.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    i dont get how nobody seems to know about this.. go to Cisco, you get their pyramid, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE and there right at the top Cisco Architect... google it and you can find a Cisco page saying about it... costs a lot of cash and to keep it valid, you have to be part of the interview board for future CCAr candidates or contribute significant content to Cisco exams.
  • Options
    I had heard about it before but never really saw it as something that I was interested in. While I do like challenges, that's a lot of time and money for bragging rights
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • Options
    PS Iristheangel... you are super hot...
  • Options
    omi2123omi2123 Member Posts: 189
    he is a dude...lol..
    sferg410 wrote: »
    PS Iristheangel... you are super hot...
  • Options
    who is the girl in the photos then???
  • Options
    This thread took a very odd turn :/

No, definitely not a guy. Thank you for the compliment but this is probably not the forum for that.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • Options
    SweenMachineSweenMachine Member Posts: 300 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have a close friend who works at Cisco; he has 3 CCIEs and has been working for Cisco for the past 4 years after putting in 12 working in data switching for another company. I just asked him no more than 15 minutes ago about the CCAr.

His exact words about the CCAr: "I only know one person who has it, and he only has it because he helped create it" and that the various CCIE and CCDE are in much, much higher demand, even among Cisco people than the CCAr is.

Disclosure: I don't know anything about networking, I just know a guy who does haha

-scott
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Whoah! For a second there I though I was on Reddit rather than TE.

Back on topic, I've been active here for years and never heard of this cert either. Learned something new today.
  • Options
    bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Yeah... Let's push these packets in a different direction.

I know of quite a few CCIE's but no one really cared to get this cert because they are just looking to maintain the CCIE and not the community as a whole. I think it would chew up quite a bit of their time.

FYI.. here is the link:
    https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/community/certifications/cisco_certified_architect/syllabus/?utm_source=cdc&utm_medium=lnk&utm_campaign=cdc-inbnd
  • Options
    spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
    The ROI is very low with this certification. It's cool for bragging points but the path Neil Moore is taking (8X CCIE) is probably more advantageous. And your job is more likely to fund a CCIE especially if its a VAR, Training Vendor, looking for Tier 3 technician, etc. This thread isn't new. We've had two I'd say in the last few years. In one, I think someone posted that HP "poached" two CCARs from Cisco (which is hilarious since the gentlemen are obviously more proficient in Cisco technologies). And lol at the comment directed at Iris. You could've at least pm'd her or did some recon to determine her current relationship status.
  • Options
    davidspirovalentinedavidspirovalentine Member Posts: 353 ■■■■□□□□□□
    This was hilarious!!!
    Failure is a stepping stone to success...
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    icon_cyclops_ani.gif

I'm enjoying this thread.
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    sferg...I like the cut of your jib buddy LOL
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    lol, this thread definitely made me smile. I think I read it before, but definitely glad it was bumped up to see it again. Good stuff
  • Options
    kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    omi2123 wrote: »
    he is a dude...lol..

I knew it!...jk

On topic.. so CCAR is something like CCDA?
    For senior designers?
    meh
  • Options
    TheProfTheProf Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 331 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've heard of the CCAr program a while back... but I've never known anyone to have it... It's not even talked about all that much. I would even go as far as saying that a lot of employers might not even know about it.

But, it does sound impressive... very hard to achieve.
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Well, if this list is correct, it is probably hard to personally know someone who has it.
    CCAR Hall of Fame

edit: Just saw it was last updated Oct 2014