Options

CompTIA A+ Notes

wmughal_ak47wmughal_ak47 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I was wondering if the exams for CompTIA A+ are hard or easy. I have studied the book and now practicing the test.

Comments

• Options
    Super587Super587 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'd say moderate. If you really study you should be able to pass. I didnt really have an I.T. background but I studied and just passed the 802 yesterday.
  • Options
    houdini5150houdini5150 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Study the objectives and take the practice tests...
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Focus on understanding.

Use the objectives. Invest in some quality texts (Meyers or Sybex or Crambooks, etc...)
    Practice test should be merely that, a practice beforehand to assess one's knowledge and a last recap once study is complete.

If you are memorizing practice exam Q&A only, you might consider a career change. Looking for a short-cut to say you 'earned' a certificate is a poor practice to get into so early into ones career.

You'll gain more respect from your colleagues, employer or clients if you actually 'know' what you are talking about rather than reciting some basic definitions and look silly unable to fix their network issues. YMMV

BTW - the exams are easy for a candidate with some experience and some study under their belt.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Learn the functions of the hardware. Get to know the common troubleshooting steps in situations. Get to know the basics of networking equipment and classful network addressing. Get to know your different types of printers (Probably my least favorite part of this material). Learn what the command prompt commands' purposes are. Get a feel for the helpful utilities required (Task Manager, msinfo32, msconfig, dxdiag, device manager, etc) and get to know the general purpose of each one.

These are just a few things. Go with what's said above. Read through Mike Meyers' book, look through the exam objectives and get to know your PC as if it were your least favorite sibling (In a good way of course :))
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []
  • Options
    houdini5150houdini5150 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Learn the functions of the hardware. Get to know the common troubleshooting steps in situations. Get to know the basics of networking equipment and classful network addressing. Get to know your different types of printers (Probably my least favorite part of this material). Learn what the command prompt commands' purposes are. Get a feel for the helpful utilities required (Task Manager, msinfo32, msconfig, dxdiag, device manager, etc) and get to know the general purpose of each one.

These are just a few things. Go with what's said above. Read through Mike Meyers' book, look through the exam objectives and get to know your PC as if it were your least favorite sibling (In a good way of course :))

^exactly 👍
  • Options
    BetrayalBetrayal Member Posts: 108
    The exams are only hard if you didn't study / come prepared.

They are easy if you study and are prepared.

Whether it's hard or easy is completely up to you, OP. :)

Personally, I'd say the exam is easy compared to higher level certs in IT but hard if it's your very first IT certification.