Resume Input

snunez889snunez889 Member Posts: 238 ■■■□□□□□□□
Not looking for a new job anytime soon, but its been a while since I have updated my resume and would like some input to see where I stand.

Comments

• srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Do you currently have all of the certifications listed? I couldn't tell from the wording on your resume. If you do not current hold those certs, do not list them on your resume. Please clarify.

I would recommend beginning the resume with a professional summary section, followed by education, followed by a section for your certifications.

Each job description should begin with a high-level overview of your daily duties, responsibilities, commonly used technologies, etc. Then use bullet points to highlight special achievements, projects, promotions, etc.

You technical skills section can be converted into a nice professional summary, and then this section can be deleted.

Please refer to the following thread for an excellently formatted and worded resume. This is the one that I consider the golden standard on these forums:

http://www.techexams.net/forums/jobs-degrees/91333-resume-time.html
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • snunez889snunez889 Member Posts: 238 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The certs are listed under Certifications rewarded(I dont see the confusion there. )
    I was on the fence about a summary, but I do agree with you.

Thanks for the pointers. I will make these adjustments.

goal here is to have a solid resume, you never know when you might need it.

thank again
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Pay attention to capitalization. In my book this screams lack of attention to detail. I spotted "esxi", "Hyper-v", "Windows server", and "Noc". Also noticed the font in the skills sections in 10pt and other section are 9pt.
  • snunez889snunez889 Member Posts: 238 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks

I really didn't notice that. I will have to go over this with a fine tooth comb.