Cloud spam filter recommendation

cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
I am looking for a cloud-based spam solution for my lab/personal email which is getting too much crap. Having only worked with enterprise solutions like Message Labs and Barracuda I haven't dealt with the more affordable options. I looked at SpamHero and it seems to do what I need at a good price. Can someone chime in on this or similar services?

Comments

• J_86J_86 Member Posts: 262 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Might try AppRiver, but I am not sure what the pricing would be for just one or two email accounts.
    Anti-Spam Protection | Anti-Virus Protection | SecureTide by AppRiver
  • msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Are you hosting your own email? If so, maybe you could add something like a SpamAssassin box or an appliance like EFA. We use Securence at the office and we've been happy with it, but I have no idea how affordable it would be for a small number of accounts. Honestly, it's probably not worthwhile to pay for cloud-based spam filtering for a single account or two - I got tired of the hassle of running my own Exchange server for my personal email and handling the spam filtering as well - now I just pay Rackspace $10 a month for my Exchange account (includes spam and virus filtering) and another $2 a month for their basic email hosting (something *nix based) for my son's account which also includes spam and virus filtering.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Thanks. I just checked but it's $50 minimum per month. Can't really justify that when SpamHero is $5 per month if going annual.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I have a web host that has SpamAssassin but it doesn't seem to have learned anything in the time I've had it. I hate troubleshooting my own stuff so I never looked into it. Like you said, I want something that requires minimal maintenance and doesn't suck up my time.
  • netsysllcnetsysllc Member Posts: 479 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I prefer Barracuda but it is not cost effective in your case with a minimum of 50 users. Spamhero might be your best option.