Options

network analyst

college studentcollege student Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello TechExams.net, this is my first post on the forum. I already have an Associates of Arts Degree (and wasted some time thinking about getting a bachelors degree in Business). I need 30 more credits for the Operating Systems/Networking Associates college-degree. So, at this point... I'm accelerating the college degree as fast as possible lol.

I'm testing out of courses in Fall 2014, taking 14 credits in January 2015, and 12-13 credits in summer. Then, I'll get the Operating Systems/Networking Associates degree. Job descriptions for network analyst jobs on Indeed.com often require "Minimum of three years technical experience" etc. ..Do I have to be an intern for three years?

Or does the associates degree count for two years of experience?

What is the starting entry-level salary when I get a job after graduating with the Operating Systems/Networking Associates degree next year?

Thanks in advance

joe

Comments

• Options
    dewey haftadewey hafta Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    No. You don't have to be an intern for 3 years prior to applying. Someone else posted on here that job posting are like "wish lists" for employers. This is partly true. Take a look at what the job details entail. If you think that you can demonstrate that you possess the KSA (knowledge, skills, ability) to function at the level expected of the position then go ahead and apply.
    Or does the associates degree count for two years of experience?

There is no substitute for real world experience.
    What is the starting entry-level salary when I get a job after graduating with the Operating Systems/Networking Associates degree next year?

Answering this is highly speculative and may not represent an accurate determination based on a number of factors - namely location, company, service (IaaS, government contracting, healthcare, etc.) and so on.
    Indeed.com should have a salary 'estimator' that you can use. Other sites like payscale.com provide estimates as well. Do some digging around those websites and you may be able to get an idea of what type of salary expectation you can be looking at.