Resume Critique Please

aodfanaodfan Member Posts: 7 ■■■□□□□□□□
I just graduated college and looking to move further with my IT career. Please review my resume and provide your opinion. Thanks.

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    You'll get better feedback if you provide a PDF or DOC. It's very hard to read that pic.
  • aodfanaodfan Member Posts: 7 ■■■□□□□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    You'll get better feedback if you provide a PDF or DOC. It's very hard to read that pic.

Forum will not allow me to upload Docs or PDFs. But here is a link to from my dropbox.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cakxxn91unnsxaa/Resume%20-%20Copy.pdf?dl=0
  • srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I noticed a few things that you could do to improve on this.

The resume should begin with a professional summary. I will link you to some good examples of how to write a competent professional summary. The skills section can be incorporated/converted into a summary.

Within the work experience section, each job description should begin with a high-level overview detailing your daily duties and responsibilities, commonly used technologies, etc. Then you can use bullet points to highlight key accomplishments, projects, promotions, etc. Don't rely solely on bullet points in this manner.

This is an excellent resume guide with example resumes, a huge list of action verbs, sample summaries, etc. Some of the resumes use "Objective" sections, but I recommend ignoring those in favor of a properly written "Professional Summary" section.

http://www.filedropper.com/resumeguide

This thread contains a fantastic example of a properly formatted and written resume:

Resume time

Let us know how your resume turns out.
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)