Passed Route today

HondabuffHondabuff Member Posts: 667 ■■■□□□□□□□
Suck it Cisco! lol. Found it to be quite challenging and scored a 834. A pass is a pass I guess. Got stuck on a lab where you have to make OSPF play nice with EIGRP. Did 49 questions in 40 minutes and got this lab on the last question and spent 25 minutes tinkering with it. I went over the config over and over and it should of worked. Said screw it cause I thought I had a big enough buffer. Whew!icon_silent.gif That one was worth some big points.
“The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can’t always be sure of their authenticity.” ~Abraham Lincoln

Comments

• busines4ubusines4u Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. Are you planning on tackling TSHOOT before the new exam is released? Also what material did you use to pass/review with. I will be taking my exam towards the end of this month.
  • HondabuffHondabuff Member Posts: 667 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I started with the Cisco Press book didn't finish. Moved to FLG and didn't finish. Moved to Route Simplified and I do like the book and the labs. Used the GNS3 Route book which I highly recommend. Used GNS3 for all the labs. I didn't care for the CBT videos for Route but liked the Bryant Videos. I used a couple different test engines to try and be prepared for anything they throw at you. Had the max amount of labs on the exam and despite practicing for them over and over still cant replicate the pressure you experience in the exam room when you fudge something up. Suddenly the squeaky chair and the clicking of the keyboard and the crappy 15" monitor becomes a distraction. I found that Route compared to Switch required you to draw on your Lab or real world experience more. By far it was my least favorite Cisco exam to prepare for, I just wasn't into Route for whatever reason. I going to try and schedule the T-Shoot for the end of January and start preparing this weekend for it. I would say just get the FLG or Simplified book with GNS3 would be good enough. I learned what I needed to in order to pass the exam. A lot of the material I was learning I will never use at my job and I felt like it was trivial to learn. Switch was a lot more rewarding for me.
    “The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can’t always be sure of their authenticity.” ~Abraham Lincoln
  • xnxxnx Member Posts: 464 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Labs are make or break on Cisco exams, I think they're worth 90 points each
    Getting There ...

Lab Equipment: Using Cisco CSRs and 4 Switches currently
  • bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
    Hondabuff wrote: »
    Suck it Cisco! lol. Found it to be quite challenging and scored a 834. A pass is a pass I guess. Got stuck on a lab where you have to make OSPF play nice with EIGRP. Did 49 questions in 40 minutes and got this lab on the last question and spent 25 minutes tinkering with it. I went over the config over and over and it should of worked. Said screw it cause I thought I had a big enough buffer. Whew!icon_silent.gif That one was worth some big points.

Congrats man, welcome to the club. Take a few days off and then run head onto TShoot like I am.

Good luck! :)
    2018 Goal: CCIE Written [ ]
  • PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    Congrats, and good luck on the rest of the CCNP!
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog
  • RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    Go ahead and take TSHOOT tomorrow if you can, I am not kidding you that if you legitimately passed the other two exams and have some real world knowledge, it's basic common sense test. It's a fun exam and you have more than enough time to do the tickets etc.

There is absolutely no reason why anyone should have to "study" for the TSHOOT exam, it is merely an exam that tests your knowledge you should have gained from SWITCH and ROUTE. The topology is freely distributed by Cisco, look it over.

When you open say Ticket 1, look it over and then via troubleshooting locate the faulty device, the technology causing the fault then finally the correct solution to the fault. If you for some reason want to make sure you are correct, abort that ticket..click on ticket 2 and go to that device and look at the config, abort ticket 2 and then go back to ticket 1 and complete your three answers again and submit. Someone told me something once and it rings true and is incredibly basic: "Follow the packet"

Good luck!
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?
  • HondabuffHondabuff Member Posts: 667 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Go ahead and take TSHOOT tomorrow if you can, I am not kidding you that if you legitimately passed the other two exams and have some real world knowledge, it's basic common sense test. It's a fun exam and you have more than enough time to do the tickets etc.

There is absolutely no reason why anyone should have to "study" for the TSHOOT exam, it is merely an exam that tests your knowledge you should have gained from SWITCH and ROUTE. The topology is freely distributed by Cisco, look it over.

When you open say Ticket 1, look it over and then via troubleshooting locate the faulty device, the technology causing the fault then finally the correct solution to the fault. If you for some reason want to make sure you are correct, abort that ticket..click on ticket 2 and go to that device and look at the config, abort ticket 2 and then go back to ticket 1 and complete your three answers again and submit. Someone told me something once and it rings true and is incredibly basic: "Follow the packet"

Good luck!

Booked my Tshoot for after Xmas, That was the soonest I could get in. Just finished the CCNP Quick reference book and wasn't really a whole lot in there. Some FCAP and ITIL. The only caveat I can see is I like using the tab button when doing my configs so I will have to practice full commands in my lab so I remember them a little better.
  • OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□

Good luck!

I second this statement. Be sure to review the exam topics as well to refresh yourself on any potential shortcomings 642-832 TSHOOT - IT Certification and Career Paths - Cisco Systems
    Good luck to you, good sir!
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []