Installing and configuring CUCM server

sacredboysacredboy Member Posts: 303 ■■■□□□□□□□
Guys, I'd appreciate if you would help me to do the first steps with CUCM.

1. I successfully installed CUCM 8.6.1 and activated CISCO TFTP service. Where I should upload files to?
1. Активировал на CUCM сервере CISCO TFTP сервис. А куда грузить файлы?
2. When I had CME, the workstation were in 192.168.1.0/24 subnet and IP phones in 172.16.1.0/24. Now, the address scheme hasn't been changed but now the CUCM server is in DATA VLAN (host PC's IP address is 192.168.1.3 and guest CUCM server's IP via bridge connection is 192.168.1.4). How the IP phones would connect to CUCM?

Thank you.
Best, sacredboy!

Comments

• shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    1. You shouldn't have to upload any files, they are already on the server. However with that said if you have older phones 7961 and older you will have to upload the older firmware to get the older phones to work. You will also need to set the DHCP option 150 on your DHCP sever to point to CUCM.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • sacredboysacredboy Member Posts: 303 ■■■□□□□□□□
    shodown wrote: »
    1. You shouldn't have to upload any files, they are already on the server. However with that said if you have older phones 7961 and older you will have to upload the older firmware to get the older phones to work.
    I have 7960G model phones. How can I upload the firmware on the CUCM server?
    Best, sacredboy!
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    Hmmm those havent' had new firmware in a while, so those should work on your CUCM 8.6 server. Post your router config and whats the IP address of your call manager?
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • JollycorkJollycork Member Posts: 149
    that allows you to upload firmware loads, Jabber files, xml files and the lot....

and that's in services, I think... if I remember correctly....

have to fire up the test lab VM but you won't find it logging in for CUCM administration...