Favorite Imaging Solution?

mataimatai Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
I'm trying to help out the desktop guys with some upcoming projects.

Can anybody recommend an imaging software/solution? We're looking form something to only support 5 or 6 different models and that would be quick and easy to setup.

Thanks!
Current: CISM, CISA, CISSP, SSCP, GCIH, GCWN, C|EH, VCP5-DCV, VCP5-DT, CCNA Sec, CCNA R&S, CCENT, NPP, CASP, CSA+, Security+, Linux+, Network+, Project+, A+, ITIL v3 F, MCSA Server 2012 (70-410, 70-411, 74-409), 98-349, 98-361, 1D0-610, 1D0-541, 1D0-520
In Progress: ​Not sure...

Comments

• KoreKore Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I've used EaseUs for quite some time now and never really had an issue with it. I also have Acronis as a backup to try out but EaseUs works. BTW EaseUs is discounting their software for the shopping season. Give the free trial a shot.

Other imaging software: Macrium, Paragon, Redobackup (Free but lacks some features- encryption, compression), clonezilla or AOMEI backupper. Check them out and pick the best one that suits your needs.
  • gc8dc95gc8dc95 Member Posts: 206 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This depends on size, budget, and usage. We use SCCM and it works great.
  • broli720broli720 Member Posts: 394 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The support folks at my job use MDT. It's fairly easy to setup, update, and manage.
  • KrusaderKrusader Member Posts: 109
    I set up a fog server in my job using Ubuntu 12.04. It's pretty easy to set up

FOG - A Free Cloning Solution - Browse Files at SourceForge.net
    FOGUserGuide - FOGProject Wiki
    2018 Goals
    AWS & Linux Knowledge
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Acronis is/was pretty straight-forward and a reasonable investment for most projects. Likely some freeware alternatives, but if you need support aconis has my vote.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • joemysteriojoemysterio Member Posts: 152
    I've had more success with Acronis than with WDS. The only two I've used so far in my short career thus far.
    Current goals: CCNA/CCNP
  • HondabuffHondabuff Member Posts: 667 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Imaged over 4000 computers with WDS. I have used Ghost 11.5 and MDT. Build your image, Run Sysprep then PXE boot and capture your image on WDS. Then deploy. I started out with WDS running on Server 08 R2 on Virtual box on a desktop PC with a 1TB drive. Once I proved it to my director, they bought me 2 HP servers to build our deployment solution. If you need advice on setting it up just PM me. I have moved on from Desktop work but was the resident expert and still am in my company.
    “The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can’t always be sure of their authenticity.” ~Abraham Lincoln
  • tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    SCCM admin here, ConfigMgr really is amazing and it isn't that hard to setup. Windows-noob.com has some great tutorials to follow. With MDT integration, it makes it all very simple.
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2