help with switching lab in gns3?

DANMOH009DANMOH009 Member Posts: 241
Hi all,

Cant seem to think if im doing something wrong here, im trying to set up a pretty simple lab in GNS3. I want to develop this into a vrf lab, but im failing at the first hurdle.

The topology is as below:

- Router(emulating a sp) fa0 >> fa2/0 switch fa2/1 >>> fa0/0 router (emulating customer)

the switch is a 3700 with a 16-sw-module

The Router(emulating a sp):

fa0.0.10
dot1q enapusaltion 10
ip vrf forwarding VPN001
ip address 100.64.10.1 255.255.255.252

switch
fa2/0 is a trunk port
fa2/1 is a access port in vlan 10

fa0/0 router
ip address 100.64.10.2 255.255.255.252

i have not posted the actual config, but i was just wondering is anything missing from this? should this just work? or am i missing something basic??

thanks

dan

Comments

• Disgruntled3lfDisgruntled3lf Member Posts: 77 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Why have the switch at all? SP to cust connection would be serial, right? But I don't see anything wrong if you shot me the configs I could try it on mine.
  • broli720broli720 Member Posts: 394 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Why do you need a trunk if you only have one switch? Where is your default gateway on the switch? I think its best if you post the config.
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Why have the switch at all? SP to cust connection would be serial, right? But I don't see anything wrong if you shot me the configs I could try it on mine.

Using a serial hand off from the provider is going the way of the dodo these days. No one wants to pay for the slows T1 speeds.
    broli720 wrote: »
    Why do you need a trunk if you only have one switch? Where is your default gateway on the switch? I think its best if you post the config.

What would a default gateway matter at all in this situation?

To the OP, that's about right as far as what you need.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • DANMOH009DANMOH009 Member Posts: 241
    Hi guys sorry for the late reply, turns out after asking a few people the emulated 3700's sw module had problems working with trunks and qinq, so i just thought i try the topology with out the switch and just use more interfaces on the PE routes, not ideal, but it will have to do for now. Still struggling on MPLS concepts though so expect some more questions in the not to distant future.