Options

Subnetting help! Please.

adomorelandadomoreland Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello, I am very new to subnetting and I have an assignment due soon. I would be very thankful if someone could help me out with this:

I am given the network 158.159.160.0 with a 255.255.255.0 subnet mask. I have to solve for 50 hosts on each subnet including the serial link.
So I need to solve to meet the host requirements and maximize networks. IF anyone can help that would be great :)

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Sure, show us what work you have done so far and what part in particular you are having trouble with. We aren't here to just give you homework answers though.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Agreed with the above. If you want just an answer for your homework use a subnetting calculator. If you want to understand the material, then walk through how you're trying to problem solve this and we can help.
  • Options
    adomorelandadomoreland Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sorry, I should have specified that I am working with the Cisco Packet Tracers and have tried to use the subnetting calculator. But I am having trouble because when I try to config the ip addresses on my switches fast ethernet, it "overlaps" with the fast ethernet configuration I did before it. Maybe I am having errors because I don't understand what it means to solve for 50 host on each subnet?
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    How are you breaking your network down into subnets? Can you show us some of the work you are doing so we can see where the breakdown is?
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.