Career change and pay cut leads to happiness

BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□

Comments

• N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good story being from St. Louis I actually remember this guy being drafted.

I think he would of rather kept playing but it looks like his knees wouldn't hold out. Glad to see him roll into something he likes.

Thanks for sharing the article.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Glad it's working out for him. Being happy is the key. I worked with an adult entertainment star who tried to leave her career to become and IT pro. I don't think she has what it takes but she seems to be happy trying. That's all that matters.
  • techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
    As a big sports fan I've seen many stories about athletes struggling to find a direction in their life after their career and it's nice to see stories like this. I remember reading a thread here about a guy using Bernie Kosar as a fake name on his resume, as a big fan of his back in the day, that got me really excited until I read into it a bit. He's an example of struggling to find life after an athletic career.

Bokeh: I just read a 'small world' thread and immediately thought about you, it's really a small world for us. For people wondering Bokeh and I live about a mile apart.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)