Prosthetic limbs

DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
You know Prosthetics are reaching the level of perfection when they can return a dance to the dancefloor.

https://embed-ssl.ted.com/talks/hugh_herr_the_new_bionics_that_let_us_run_climb_and_dance.html
  • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
  • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.

Comments

• ZoovashZoovash Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the share.
    It's very interesting from a pure technological view but I found it emotional and very motivating as well. It saddens me that this technology is limited to so few people and it's not accessible to those with little resources.
  • DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Zoovash wrote: »
    Thanks for the share.
    It's very interesting from a pure technological view but I found it emotional and very motivating as well. It saddens me that this technology is limited to so few people and it's not accessible to those with little resources.

indeed but not all that long ago a PC was only available to the very few.. once they have the blue prints it will spread out and filter down. These things cost money and it takes time to build it up. The advances in limbs has been huge over the last few years. The running blades we see that are so common now days are not that old but vast improvement over the old.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.