Options

Sims on current ICND2, any actual configuring?

phdillardphdillard Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm just wondering, without violating the NDA, can anyone tell me if the ICND2 sims require any actual configuring. I took and passed ICND1 a couple months ago and the sims mostly involved show commands. I didn't have to configure anything. Does anyone know if this is true for the second test, or are the sims more involved? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    No one can tell you that without violating the NDA. I haven't taken the new exam personally, but I'd be prepared to configure stuff if I was going to take it.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'd just make sure you're familiar with the objectives. There isn't going to be anything crazy that isn't listed in there. Make sure you run through Packet Tracer or whatever you're using as a sim and you should be okay.
  • Options
    bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
    phdillard wrote: »
    I'm just wondering, without violating the NDA, can anyone tell me if the ICND2 sims require any actual configuring. I took and passed ICND1 a couple months ago and the sims mostly involved show commands. I didn't have to configure anything. Does anyone know if this is true for the second test, or are the sims more involved? Thanks.

Not sat ICND1, but from my exp from CCNA, CCNP there is always sim configuration. I suppose this is to test your theory and practical skills.
    2018 Goal: CCIE Written [ ]
  • Options
    RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    I don't think I have had an exam yet that has not had some hands on configuration. The only one that for sure does not have any is TSHOOT
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?