Options

Possible Sysadmin Interview, a few questions

bradl3yCbradl3yC Member Posts: 67 ■■■□□□□□□□
I applied for a new job last week. Looking over the list of duties, I am only familiar with half of them. No worries, I have a bit of time to study up.

The areas I am not familiar with are:
Exchange 2010
VSphere 5.5

These systems are already in place, so I can only assume that interview questions are going to be related to troubleshooting and not installation.

Can anyone point me to any resources related to these 2 items that would deal with troubleshooting or common issues? Maybe even suggest some possible interview questions I may encounter?

Thanks guys its much appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    bgold87bgold87 Member Posts: 112
    It depends what you are doing with each one of those, but I'm not sure it's something you can just study up on. People make careers out of both of those.

Depending on what level of support you'll be doing Exchange could just be adding mailboxes, setting permissions, etc Or it must more in depth.

Same with vSphere, it could be just logging into the server and doing general maintenance, building VM's etc or it could be managing the whole environment.
  • Options
    bradl3yCbradl3yC Member Posts: 67 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It would be more entry level management for both of those.
  • Options
    BerkshireHerdBerkshireHerd Member Posts: 185
    Study up on there functions and most common uses. obviously Exchange is the heart of your email / office structure and vSphere is your virtual enviroment
    Identity & Access Manager // B.A - Marshall University 2005