Passed GCIH

Cyrix2kCyrix2k Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just thought I'd post up that I passed the GCIH with a 97% the other day. I was worried because I heard it was harder than the GSEC... It's cake if you go through the material. I went in with a handwritten index which helped for a few questions, but I felt the real value was actually in creating the index because it reinforces/renews the concepts on the exam. I also thought the practice exams were almost identical to the real deal; prior to the real exam, I went through both practice exams without notes and scored an 84% the first time and a 94% the second time. Hopefully this provides a data point for others. Good luck!

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass! GCIH is one of my favorite classes/certs so far.
  • docricedocrice Member Posts: 1,706 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Cyrix2k wrote: »
    I went in with a handwritten index which helped for a few questions, but I felt the real value was actually in creating the index because it reinforces/renews the concepts on the exam.

I feel this is exactly what an index is about in the context of GIAC exams. Great score!
    Hopefully-useful stuff I've written: http://kimiushida.com/bitsandpieces/articles/
  • rajrajhansrajrajhans Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    wowww congratsthats a gr8 score
  • Sscp1986Sscp1986 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratz Cyrix2k ,
    Thank you for sharing this information.
    Great to hear this!
    2015: CISSP[Working on it]
  • Cyrix2kCyrix2k Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks, working on 579 now :)
  • 5ekurity5ekurity Member Posts: 346 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! I've been looking at 579 also, what are your thoughts / opinions so far?
  • teonmooreteonmoore Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Cyrix2k wrote: »
    Just thought I'd post up that I passed the GCIH with a 97% the other day. I was worried because I heard it was harder than the GSEC... It's cake if you go through the material. I went in with a handwritten index which helped for a few questions, but I felt the real value was actually in creating the index because it reinforces/renews the concepts on the exam. I also thought the practice exams were almost identical to the real deal; prior to the real exam, I went through both practice exams without notes and scored an 84% the first time and a 94% the second time. Hopefully this provides a data point for others. Good luck!

Great score can you recommend any good training material? Recently bought Ed SKoudis book but im still looking for more.
  • seltaebseltaeb Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, i will take the GCIH on march..
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□