Options

Recommendations for a mulit-iso boot loader for USB?

JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
I'm trying to setup a 8GB Sandisk USB Storage Device to multiboot the following:

-Trinity Rescue Disk
-System Rescue ISO
-Trinity ISO

I found freeware called Easy2Boot which allows you to setup a USB to multiboot multiple isos, instead of having multiple usb storage devices.

I'm having issues setting it up. It wants to run a .cmd file at Administrator. My user id on my Windows 7 machine is already an admin and I've turned of UAC and still having issues. It also needs another piece of software installed called RMP Prep.

Has anyone seen this before or can anyone make a recommendation on using a different multiboot iso loader?

thanks
***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
-unknown

Comments

• Options
    bloodmagexdbloodmagexd Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I don't know about the other people on this forum, but I've used Sardu with great success. If it don't work initially, then the usb probably needed to be rebooted or reformatted first.
  • Options
    JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
    I tried Sardu, wouldn't even identify my SanDisk 8GB Flash Drive, fresh out of the box.

I guess I'm stuck with having multiple ubs devices for multiple isos.
    ***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
    -unknown
  • Options
    varelgvarelg Banned Posts: 790
    A tad unclear, or maybe I am getting it wrong:you'd like to have a bootloader that would boot isos from USB? Where would you like the bootloader to be installed, on your hard disk or on the USB?
    From the top of my head I am thinking of a qemu setup that allows you to have a complete os installation on USB and boot it by sticking the dongle into the USB port. I had that setup on my win xp machine years ago.
  • Options
    techwizardtechwizard Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    you can also try using AOMEI PE builder as your usb boot device. The only caveat with this is, you have to have your images/iso's on another usb drive. This is because the AOMEI PE builder builds the drive as a FAT32 device. TIP: build it on a 32-bit system and you will be able to run it on either 32 or 64 bit. Another tip: throw imagex as a tool on the AOMEI PE drive, and then have an image or iso on a different thumb drive or even a usb external drive will work. This has worked for me, on an Acer netbook with no optical device. You do need to be able to put at least 2 usb devices on the device to make this work.

I have tried sardu with limited success. I am still trying to make that program work for me, as I was running into similar issues as another poster, where sardu would not even detect the usb device even though it is brand new. I was able to create a iso, but not able to get sardu to detect the usb device, and that is where I am stuck.
    "Never give up" ~ Winston Churchill
  • Options
    AlexNguyenAlexNguyen Member Posts: 358 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Knowledge has no value if it is not shared.
    Knowledge can cure ignorance, but intelligence cannot cure stupidity.
  • Options
    linuxabuserlinuxabuser Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    RMPrepUSB

The instructions on his site are really hard to navigate, but the end result is well worth it.
  • Options
    awitt11awitt11 Member Posts: 50 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have 32GB USB flash drive that I set up using YUMI (pendrivelinux dot com). I formatted the flash so half of it is just storage. I mostly just use it with my Win7 machine, but i have a few iso's on the drive in case windows takes a ****.
  • Options
    vasyvasyvasyvasy Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    Just use Falcon PE disk and burn the ISO to your PC, open the ISO with Winrar, navigate to a few xml config file and quite easily figure out the programming logic and pop those programs above into the application folders and modify a xml to the application and then burn a CD. Boot off the falcon disk and away you go!

I do it all the time when I find handy-dandy programs for stubborn viruses...