Options

Exam Objectives Question

HorizonThiefHorizonThief Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all,

Quick question... I printed out the CompTIA A+ 220-801 Exam Objectives and I am going through the 6th Ed. Exam Cram book by David L. Prowse.

In the 1.2 section of the Exam Objectives it states sizes for ATX, Micro-ATX, and ITX but the book continues on with BTX.

Should I know BTX as well for the exam?
I don't want to over study and waste time covering material that won't be on the exam. So should I focus solely what is listed on the Exam Objectives or are they a general guideline that don't cover everything that will be on the exams? Edit: The author notes the BTX information is superfluous but the rest of my questions still stand.

With that in mind I plan on spending 5 days a week, 8 hours a day, over the next 3-6 months to self-study for the exams. I am not trying to do a "quickie, fly-by-night" approach for the certification process. I simply don't want to mess myself up with information I currently don't need to worry about. I am utilizing the Prowse book, Professor Messer videos, and the abundant practice exams I have found online.

Are there any other resources members might recommend? Is that too short or too long to spend studying? I know it's all relative to each individual but I'd love some feedback.

Is there an online study group? May I start a thread in this forum where members can quiz my knowledge with similar real world scenarios?

I hope to hear some suggestions/comments and I appreciate all of your time,

- HorizonThief.
(In Progress)
Accomplished:
COLOR=#008000][B]100% Done[/B][/COLOR Comptia A+, Comptia N+, Comptia Sec+, AS: CIS (Networking Concentration)
Goals for 2017: B][COLOR=#ff0000]0% Done[/COLOR][/B Cisco CCENT, B][COLOR=#ff0000]0% Done[/COLOR][/B Cisco CCNA: R&S B][COLOR=#ff0000]0% Done[/COLOR][/B B.S. IT Security

Comments

• Options
    OTBOOTBO Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Study whatever is in the Exam Objectives. If you do see anything about BTX, it will probably be one question; don't worry too much about it.

40 hours a week for 3-6 months seems a bit much.... I studied for around an hour a day using ExamCram and I listened to Professor Messer while working at my old job for around 3 hours a day a couple times a week. I had my tests done in sixth months, and that was with taking extended breaks.

Good luck!
  • Options
    crazboy84crazboy84 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yea anything in the exam objectives u need knowledge about. Now like OTBO said i think your putting more time into this than necessary. To go from 0 knowledge about a computer to passing A+ would take less time than you are assigning yourself. Watch all of proffessor messors videos, read a book if you like to read then take practice tests. After practice tests restudy the areas your weak in and keep practice testing till u consistently get 90s. Once u get a 90 take your test. spending 40 hours a week studying you should have no problem prepping in like 3 weeks.