Options

Spanning Tree Protocol

supertech10supertech10 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
1. What is spanning tree protocol and rapid spanning tree protocol

2. What is Redundancy in Spanning Tree Protocol

3. Difference between spanning tree protocol and rapid spanning tree protocol

4. What is root bridge, broadcast storm, Bridge Protocol Data Unit (BPDU) frame, root port, designated port, backup port, Per-VLAN Spanning Tree (PVST) and Per-VLAN Spanning Tree Plus (PVST+)

5.main difference between root bridge, broadcast storm, Bridge Protocol Data Unit (BPDU) frame, root port, designated port, backup port, Per-VLAN Spanning Tree (PVST) and Per-VLAN Spanning Tree Plus (PVST+).

# Just I want basic explanation only.

Comments

• Options
    gbdavidxgbdavidx Member Posts: 840
    buy a study book
  • Options
    Chev ChelliosChev Chellios Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
    supertech10 strikes again.....
    Try google and doing a bit of research dude
  • Options
    CiderCider Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
    haha, how do people get away with it. sheesh.

Here we go.

Let me google that for you
  • Options
    bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
    STP/RSTP - Prevents loops, one a lot quicker than the other. Nuff said. icon_cool.gif
    2018 Goal: CCIE Written [ ]
  • Options
    Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Looks like someone is trying to get us to do their homework for them....
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    CiderCider Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
    where is this homework exactly? in highschool? we did some programming but not rstp?
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I did VB and Pascal
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    If you can't even use Google properly, you have no future as a tech.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    MitechniqMitechniq Member Posts: 286 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks for the questions. I am currently studying ICND2 and I knew those answers fairly well-nice confidence booster.
  • Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    1. The answer is A
    2. All of the above
    3. Trick question, N/A
    4. Run MalwareBytes
    5. 42
  • Options
    _Gonzalo__Gonzalo_ Member Posts: 113
    I started to answer your questions until I realized that there is no point. You´d better study STP a little bit and come back whenever you have specific questions.

I´ll give you a summary, anyway:

STP is used at layer 2 to prevent loops. Some form of redundancy can be achieved by using PVST. RSTP is way faster (up to 50 seconds convergence for STP and just a few for RSTP)

And please, review your question 5... Main difference between root bridge and broadcast storm??? Not to mention what follows... I´ll answer that if you first answer which is the main difference between China, Michael Jordan and a pencil.
  • Options
    GngoghGngogh Member Posts: 165 ■■■□□□□□□□
    the person that started this post.. is just looking for discussion as i think he/she already knows the answers..