Options

Reference checks

professionaleprofessionale Banned Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey everyone,

So i being offered a role,

its 80k and its a engineer role,

the down side is they have to run a crazy reference check,

they require 3 references of clients that i delivered projects to in my last organization, (which is cool)

they require two references from my old old place whihc i left like 3 years ago, none of the managers i reported to work there so i have to track them down not too sure even if they remember me, i found their current work place throug linkedin so i guess i could call their new work place and ask for them,

they also require a reference from my current place.
due to legal things i cannot say what happend with the company but it did not end well and now i am unemployed i cannot get a reference from the owners of the company
however one of their employees which i reported to when he was the manager said hhe can be my reference,

the manager that interviewed and offered me the job forgets alot of things and i told him in the interview thaht i did not like working thhere and thats why i left after resining 10 times lol and that it was a bad place to work for,
in the reference check email he sent me he asked if he can call the owners of the company and hhe found out their names (i guess he went to the home website)
what can i do guys am i screwed?
i being unemployed for 2 months now icon_sad.gif

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Just be honest and tell him what you told us and see how it goes.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I agree with networker, if they are going as far as looking up the owners of your last company and asking about contacting them directly I don't think you're going to get around it by trying to be sly.
  • Options
    professionaleprofessionale Banned Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    yeah i told them thhat in the interview and i left there without a job
    and it wasnt a good place to work for blah blah blahh,

this guy always forgets things as far as i can tell in the interview,
    so i guess i can tell him again but i have a old manager from that company that can give me a reference :)

i dont want to give the owners details as it would defenately be suicide