Options

Help me re-negotiate

hurricane1091hurricane1091 Member Posts: 919 ■■■■□□□□□□
Have a good holiday.

Comments

• Options
    ArabianKnightArabianKnight Member Posts: 278 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would say $18-$21/hour but not sure about the cost of living.
  • Options
    Have a good holiday.
  • Options
    XavorXavor Member Posts: 161
    Just because you have a list of certifications does not always equal higher pay. From the looks of the posting, it's a general help desk job.

You need to approach this from "How do I add value to the company?". How many users do you support? Did that number grow in the time you joined the company? If you're making $x dollars as a contract-to-hire under a temporary agency, then they should pay you more for full-time employment once the temp agency gets their pound of flesh.

Did your research and testing of software catch critical flaws of the software? Is this in-house software or Adobe Flash version 10.x to 11.x? Did you write code supporting the deployment of the software or automate the process reducing the time of deployment?

Degrees are like union cards, having two of them doesn't always equal greater pay. It says 2 year degree, OR MCSE, OR CCNA. You have a degree and that fulfills the minimum requirement.

It says preferred, B.S and MCSE for the position OR CCNA. Are you working toward those goals? Have you sat down with your manger to see what opportunities are available if you complete those items?

Lastly, have you taken on more responsibility than the job posting by leaps and bounds since you joined them in the last 6 odd months?

I'm not trying to spin this negatively, but proving some of the items I listed are what have helped my career growth. Since you're in NJ, I'd assume 18/hr as well without doing research on the area.
  • Options
    professionaleprofessionale Banned Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    how much experience you have?
  • Options
    Have a good holiday. Not worth putting it all out there and giving the impression that I am a disgruntled employee.