Options

Does passing the CCNA:Security renew one's CCNA?

Cat5Cat5 Member Posts: 297 ■■■□□□□□□□
I can't find the info - does passing this cert renew one's CCNA cert? i would think it would since you have to have it to even take the NA:S, but I could be wrong.

Comments

• Options
    Todd BurrellTodd Burrell Member Posts: 280
    It does renew your CCNA. I'm in the same boat (CCNA expires soon) and I am taking CCNA:S to renew my CCNA.
  • Options
    Cat5Cat5 Member Posts: 297 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It does renew your CCNA. I'm in the same boat (CCNA expires soon) and I am taking CCNA:S to renew my CCNA.

I see you have a CISSP. That requires five years of hands-on paid security experience, doesn't it? Have you ever thought about getting a CCNP:Security cert? I guess you managed to land a networking job that deals with security in some fashion, then after five years you took the CISSP test and passed?
  • Options
    OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just to add onto what Todd said, in addition to renewing your CCNA or any NA level cert, the NA Security, in the case you have a Security+ CE certification, can be renewed as well (It fulfills all required CEUs for the full 3 years). I know you don't have Sec+, but I'm sure there's a few that will find this informative.
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []
  • Options
    PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Good to know about it renewing the Sec+. But, you still have that annual fee. Since it's not required for me, I let mine lapse. I earned it, and I have little use to renew it until I actually need it. As I'm working up and getting higher certifications, it's becoming as worthless as the A+/Net+ is after many years experience and more certs.