Options

which roles, would you pick guys?

professionaleprofessionale Banned Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
Role 1
you will be looking after the IT of SME clients - the title will be remote intermediate Engineer salary is 80k
and you will be a google app specalist and do all of the firms office 365 specalised work and projects
you will be a intermediate but u will be in a senior team looking after the firms critical clients,

Role 2 ok the second one 70k senior Consultant
you will be a sharepoint/CRM infrastructure speclaist and you will be incharge of desining and implementing sharepoint/crm infrastruccture to medium and large clients this includes the corresponding technologies like AWS,sql,server os etc
this is a project delivery role where you work with project managers etc
you will be mentoring one junior person and in charge of him
you will also do statement of work and assist wirh pre sales

Role 3 75k Senior Engineer
You will be working for a mid - large size well known software company looking after their infrastructure, you will be a senior engineer and mentor 1 junior memeber,
this role you will be in their branch office and you will do a mixture of project, bau work,

Comments

• Options
    tkerbertkerber Member Posts: 223
    Although Role 2 is the lowest paying there seem to be some really hot skills and technologies in there. Plus I think projects roles are fun and sometimes a better experience than your typical break fix type of role. The first role salary is nice but 80K seems like a lot for someone who simply works on Office 365 and Google apps (IMHO). I used to work with Office 365 migrations and Google apps when I worked for an MSP and they were not something I'd want to do every single day. Role 3 seems like something that may be interesting but there's not much information about it.

Given the skills and technologies I'd be working with and putting pay aside because 70-80K is enough for me. I would say Role 2, simply because with the skills and experience you learn there you could go a lot further.
  • Options
    thanks for your opinion

the role 1 is paying the correct amount you have to understand in my last organization and for last two years all i did well mostly was 0365 and google apps so i am a spceliast that knows what i am doing inside out not someone who is learning on the job or someone who is keen to learn etc, they are paying me for my previous experience since i know it inside out they offer me that much

the last two roles are like learn on the job.
    tkerber wrote: »
    Although Role 2 is the lowest paying there seem to be some really hot skills and technologies in there. Plus I think projects roles are fun and sometimes a better experience than your typical break fix type of role. The first role salary is nice but 80K seems like a lot for someone who simply works on Office 365 and Google apps (IMHO). I used to work with Office 365 migrations and Google apps when I worked for an MSP and they were not something I'd want to do every single day. Role 3 seems like something that may be interesting but there's not much information about it.

Given the skills and technologies I'd be working with and putting pay aside because 70-80K is enough for me. I would say Role 2, simply because with the skills and experience you learn there you could go a lot further.
  • Options
    Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Role 3 would be my move. Any chance it could lead to devops work?

Role 2 for me would have too many variables when dealing with clients. It screams jack of all traders, master of none.

Role 1, just avoid, you'll have headaches all day every day when dealing with SME.
    2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity
  • Options
    techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You already have vast knowledge and mastered(?) role 1 so I'd scratch that off.

Both role 2 and 3 are project based which is pretty interesting and mentoring could also be a lot of fun, tough decision there. I'd probably go with role 2 mainly because pre-sales interests me.

Are role 2 and 3 both hired employee? I ask because where I'm working consultants are contracted. If 2 is contract I'd go with role 3 for potentially better job security and avoid the contractor headache (insurance, reups, etc.).
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)
  • Options
    instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    My take:
    Choose option 1 if you like what you're doing.
    Choose option 2 if you want to eventually get into sales or PM
    Choose option 3 if you want a well-known company on your resume and angle towards PM

If it was me, I'd probably take option 1.

Questions:
    1. What about option 0? stay put.

2. What is the benefit lineup for these? vacation/health/education/etc. is it all the same?

3. What is the work schedule for each of these?

4. What is the commute for each of these?
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • Options
    Thanks for the info guys

really appreciate it.

I dont like role 1 cuz small firm and sme

but pay is good and since I done it before and not learning on the job thats why they are paying me that well.
  • Options
    i dont know what to do guys,
  • Options
    BalantineBalantine Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would also go with role 3.
    dulce bellum inexpertis