GCHI Renewal with CPEs

JinverarJinverar Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
Good day

I am wondering if anyone has experience renewing the GCIH cert through sans with OSCP and pen testing with kali. It clearly says that OSCP is worth 40 ISC2 CPE credits however is that worth the same through SANS?

J:\

Edit post: first I need to be able to spell GCIH correctly, I actually think that is the second time I posted GCHI in the subject area.
Jinverar, TSS

Comments

• JinverarJinverar Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have looked at the renewal handbook but I am having a hard time and just would like to confirm if OFFSEC is a credible CPE company. I have heard many good things about this company.
    Jinverar, TSS
  • docricedocrice Member Posts: 1,706 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I suspect you'll be fine, but contact GIAC if you want to be sure and the number of CPEs they'll assign the course.
    Hopefully-useful stuff I've written: http://kimiushida.com/bitsandpieces/articles/
  • JinverarJinverar Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
    OSCP is worth 12 CPE credits through sans. I think I am going to have to pay the 399 through sans and then write another GCIH exam within 4 months. Thats seems like the most cost effective method. Does anyone have any experience with writing a renewal exam. Is it easier, harder or the same?
    Jinverar, TSS