Passed Sec+ :D

JamesITJamesIT Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed Security+ SY0-401 today with 835/900, wasn't too bad of an exam as I thought. The knowlege from Network+ did overlap and helped me in passing the exam.

I studied for 3 weeks, for around 6 hours a day, and some days I studied less or didn't study.

I now plan on obtaining my driving license this year, and doing python scripting expert from security tube.

Hopefully Sec+ will help me obtain a security contract over the following summers, to help me save for my masters degree in 2018. (Planning to do my masters degree at UMBC, after my bachelors degree)
2014 Cert Goals: eCCPT (DONE), BSc Hons Ethical Hacking (In Progress)
2015 Cert Goals: CompTIA Security+ (Done), DVLA Driving License, Security Tube Python Expert

Comments

• cs8400cs8400 Member Posts: 90 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • The_ExpertThe_Expert Member Posts: 136
    Congratulations! What's next?
    Masters, Public Administration (MPA), Bachelor of Science, 20+ years of technical experience.

Studying on again, off again...
  • JamesITJamesIT Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Python Scripting Expert, Driving License and then maybe Linux+
    2014 Cert Goals: eCCPT (DONE), BSc Hons Ethical Hacking (In Progress)
    2015 Cert Goals: CompTIA Security+ (Done), DVLA Driving License, Security Tube Python Expert
  • fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations :D
  • DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    Congrats man! ... Keep it up!
  • keybladerkeyblader Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • mulqueen89mulqueen89 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi James,

I'm looking for free 401 vce simulator for me to study. I have no ideas where to find it. Appreciate if you can help me. tq
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing!
  • meltdownmeltdown Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops