Passed Network+, How much more difficult is the CCENT?

JohnLJohnL Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
I just passed the Network+ test today and am prepping for the CCENT next. I know it will be heavy on subnetting and labs but I was just curious how everyone thought it compared to the Network+ test.

I have the Cisco CCENT/ CCNA books from school, pearson network sims and flash cards as my prep. Any other suggestions?
B.B.A. in Finance - 2007
A.A.S. in Computer Networking & System Administration - 2014
M.S. Information Security and Assurance - 2016
CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, CEH, CHFI, CCNA: Routing & Switching
Working on CISSP

Comments

• DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    lab your heart away, and practice subnetting till your head explodes... I'm getting back in CCNA myself after being interrupted by the Stanly ICM back in September that culminating into the VCP on Monday, so now I'm back on track.

If you want to do a study group or something, we could coach each other along, offer is there is you want it. :)
  • Codeman6669Codeman6669 Member Posts: 227
    well... i passed the Network+ with flying colors. Took the CCENT a day ago and failed it by 3 points. be very good with subnetting and cisco IOS. It is much harder IMO
  • DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    well... i passed the Network+ with flying colors. Took the CCENT a day ago and failed it by 3 points. be very good with subnetting and cisco IOS. It is much harder IMO

3 points is nothing, review and hit it again ASAP!
  • raybfreeraybfree Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It's much easier to pass the CCENT 1 and 2 separately verses just taking the CCNA.
  • theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□

The CCENT used to be (640 series) general networking with some basic router/switch configuration. When they revised it last October, it became almost as difficult as the previous CCNA. This was because Cisco wanted it to provide a foundation of R&S for their specialization tracks.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It's a bit harder as it focuses more on Cisco equipment. I had a pretty good score with my Network+ but I failed the CCENT the first go around.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Codeman6669
    Join the club. Took it 2 times in 2 months and both times I got 801. Not sure why. Seems a bit odd to me. But what is done is done.