Who does IT/Information System auditing?

EZ2015EZ2015 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

I’m interested in hearing from individuals who perform It/information systems auditing? If you can, please explain how you got into the field and your education background, and some daily tasks you perform at work if you are currently doing IT/IS auditing. Currently, I’m studying for my CISA as I hope to break into information systems auditing. I understand the requirements to become a CISA, but I hope in taking the exam and passing it I would be able to get into this field. I have a background in accounting and currently finishing my degree in accounting. I love accounting as I had prior internships that focused on financial statements audits, but I have been reading about the field of IS auditing and it has catch my interest. I have a background in auditing, due to school and my past internships, but now I want to make that switch from financial accounting to IS auditing. Thank you.

Comments

• jamthatjamthat Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    EZ2015 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I’m interested in hearing from individuals who perform It/information systems auditing? If you can, please explain how you got into the field and your education background, and some daily tasks you perform at work if you are currently doing IT/IS auditing. Currently, I’m studying for my CISA as I hope to break into information systems auditing. I understand the requirements to become a CISA, but I hope in taking the exam and passing it I would be able to get into this field. I have a background in accounting and currently finishing my degree in accounting. I love accounting as I had prior internships that focused on financial statements audits, but I have been reading about the field of IS auditing and it has catch my interest. I have a background in auditing, due to school and my past internships, but now I want to make that switch from financial accounting to IS auditing. Thank you.

Just curious, have you considered the area of forensic accounting?
  • EZ2015EZ2015 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yea, I have considered it, but it has not caught my attention. All my past internships while in school included financial statements audits and I find that area of accounting to more interesting than forensic accounting. I have found that the information systems side of CPA firms is growing much faster than traditional audits, which is only I'm hoping to make into IS auditing.