What type of entry level job should I look for

bookishspiderbookishspider Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
As I finish up my AAS in networking I was wondering what type of entry level jobs I should look for.. Alot of people say Tier 1 help desk but was wondering if there was a possibility of landing another entry level type of job. I have taking alot of network classes and have only taking one hardware and software class. Also what type of technologies should I brush up on for those jobs.

Comments

• kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    Can always try for NOC jobs or Junior positions as well.

Do you have any certifications?
  • bookishspiderbookishspider Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have no certs yet...Trying to earn my A+ by the end of the summer..I finished the cisco academy but have not earned a cert in that yet...Have you done any of those jobs? NOC sounds kind of interesting...Im also currently taking a network + class so might get that cert also
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    NOC - Help Desk - Maybe Technical Functional type position. Those would be ones I think you could apply for.
  • markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'd aim for NOC job too but still apply at help desk positions. Getting your foot in the door is so important that you can't really afford to be too picky IMO. Once you have even 3-6 months experience employers will be MUCH more apt to bring you in.
  • fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Helpdesk is probably the only option. It's hard to get NOC job without experience and/or a cert^2. I started out as a Systems Technician doing helpdesk (way back when) which taught me a lot of invaluable soft skills including customer service. You can work hard and become team lead - start volunteering for higher chain of command work/higher escalation while working on your A+ and N+ (and others). You'll move up fast this way...
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have to say Help Desk is the best option as well. Even though it might not be what you want, I believe it'll be better for you to start there.