Options

What am I missing

jmmmmmjmmmmm Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Failed 200-120 once already. Im very low (30%) in the IPv4 and IPv6 addressing but high in everything else. What can I study to help that area. Its frustrating because I feel like I know it.

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Subnetting would probably be the best thing to look at.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    I thought that too. Do the labs play a part in that area? Im just really confused because subnetting is not my weak point.
  • Options
    spicy ahispicy ahi Member Posts: 413 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I haven't found anything good for ipv6, but for ipv4 practice, have you tried subnettingquestions.com - Free Subnetting Questions and Answers Randomly Generated Online for some review?
    Spicy :cool: Mentor the future! Be a CyberPatriot!
  • Options
    HeeroHeero Member Posts: 486
    What types of questions are you having problems with? I'm sure you remember a few from the test that confused you. Go do research for each question you remember struggling with until you completely understand the question, the correct answer, and why the other answers were wrong.

In addition, brush up on your weak areas as identified by grading. If you score a 30% in IP addressing, you have some fundamental disconnect with IP addressing. https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-17397 Expand the drop-down for IP Addressing (IPv4/IPv6) and study whichever of the subtopics you don't feel 100% comfortable.

And then do that for every category you aren't scoring acceptably in, since IP addressing is only 5% of the total score, so 30% on that topic means you only lost 3.5% on your total grade, not at all enough to sink you.

EDIT:

Also, consider the two test route. It really is easier, just more time consuming if you could pass the composite anyways.
  • Options
    Switch1Switch1 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    jmmmmm wrote: »
    Failed 200-120 once already. Im very low (30%) in the IPv4 and IPv6 addressing but high in everything else. What can I study to help that area. Its frustrating because I feel like I know it.

Here are some key topics you could focus on:

Perspectives on IPv4/6 Subnetting
    Analyzing Classful IPv4/6 Subnetting
    Analyzing Subnet Masks
    Analyzing Existing Subnets
    Configuring and Verifying Host Connectivity
    Subnet Design
    Variable-Length Subnet Masks
    Route Summarization

tldr; Subnetting icon_cool.gif
    Currently Reading :study:
    100-101 ICND1 Official Cert Guide
    CCNA in 60 Days
    CCENT Study Guide Exam 100-101

OSPF: Anatomy of an Internet Routing Protocol

• Options
    Heero wrote: »
    What types of questions are you having problems with? I'm sure you remember a few from the test that confused you. Go do research for each question you remember struggling with until you completely understand the question, the correct answer, and why the other answers were wrong.

In addition, brush up on your weak areas as identified by grading. If you score a 30% in IP addressing, you have some fundamental disconnect with IP addressing. https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-17397 Expand the drop-down for IP Addressing (IPv4/IPv6) and study whichever of the subtopics you don't feel 100% comfortable.

And then do that for every category you aren't scoring acceptably in, since IP addressing is only 5% of the total score, so 30% on that topic means you only lost 3.5% on your total grade, not at all enough to sink you.

EDIT:

Also, consider the two test route. It really is easier, just more time consuming if you could pass the composite anyways.

Thanks... Where can I find the testing section breakdown?
  • Options
    Codeman6669Codeman6669 Member Posts: 227
    You can know how to subnet but you also got to know how to apply it. I had a 100% on that section. My weak section was security unfortunately.

So, a lot of those questions require you to subnet to get part of the answer. Majority of it is just having to find the host range and apply it, but cisco likes to word things completely stupid so it will throw you through a loop. If your subnetting section is low, you wont pass, idc how good you know the other stuff, 50% of the exam is subnetting in one form or another. Just study up on it, and you will pass next time.
  • Options
    HeeroHeero Member Posts: 486
    @jmmmmm

Go to the link I posted. https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-17397. You have to be logged in to Cisco. Just click "show details" next to the topic at the bottom to get a breakdown of the subtopics covered.