DHCP option 42 (time server)

DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
Can any one shed any light on this.

My windows 2012 DHCP server has option 42 configured as a server scope option. and I know the IPaddress I am using works because if I manually put it in to a client the client updates.

However clients on a different subnet to the server that are using IP helper address configured on the routers are not seeing the option. and I don't see it in any of the packet captures I have been taking.

Interestingly in the DHCP packets I do see the "time ofset" (option 2) being sent, but not option 42?
  • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
  • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.

Comments

• DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    DOH.... Why is it when I update one option on a HA pair of DHCP servers it works fine. But Option 42 does not replicate correctly.

So update a option to give out a TFTP server address and it works fine on both servers. Update option 42 and it only works on the one I physically do it. on.. Showed up on both, just did not work on the second until I manually went in and deleted and reconfigured it.

1 hour down the drain icon_sad.gif
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.