Options

dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
Interesting chart regarding 401k savings: The Average American Has This Much Saved in a 401(k) -- How Do You Compare?

My numbers aren't very good, since I switched jobs about a year ago and I used rollover IRA vs. rolling over to new 401k.

How does your 401k compare?
2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
"Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Oh man, why did you have to remind me about the 401k? I had to kill a big chunk of mine for a house down payment last year. Really looking forward to all those early withdrawal penalties coming up soon.
  • Options
    jamthatjamthat Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Close to the mean balance of my age range and one year older than the min age for that range. According to the charts, I'm doing well..but I know that I'm far, far behind..
  • Options
    praminpramin Member Posts: 138 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm doing ok with my balance but I could do better !!! I had a rough period of about 5+ years. I've rebounded over the last four years. I'm self employed with sep-ira I put the max amount (25% of W2 earnings) in based on my W2 earnings.

In certain respects for one reason or another "SOME" people in America don't save money for retirement. But as it has been said ad nausem; the earlier you save the better off you will be in your retirement years.

My $.02 :)
  • Options
    HeeroHeero Member Posts: 486
    Well just did a rollover so I guess I'm at zero.
  • Options
    goldenlightgoldenlight Member Posts: 378 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Same here most my 401k savings was rolled over to a IRA. Roth was opened sperately so I guest I have about 3100 in the 401k. With the way the market is crashing Im surprise I have anything left.
    The Only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it keep looking. Don't settle - Steve Jobs