Options

Etiquette question: Request to connect with forum members who have a LinkedIn in sig?

thatguy67thatguy67 Member Posts: 344 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hello, I am unsure where to ask this so hopefully this is the right place. Is it appropriate to send a request to connect to posters on LinkedIn if they have theirs in the signature? Is it there to just give information about their credentials/position?

I don't know many people in the field, mainly classmates and a couple of instructors so I am looking to network.
2017 Goals: []PCNSE7 []CCNP:Security []CCNP:R&S []LCDE []WCNA

Comments

• Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Well, I would suggest that you let people know where you are connected. In this case, through membership in this forum. If you are unsure about connecting with someone here, send them a private message and ask if you can connect with them. Most everyone on this forum is nice and many are open to connecting.

Also, there is a TechExams LinkedIn group, I recommend joining it.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    devils_haircutdevils_haircut Member Posts: 284 ■■■□□□□□□□
    There was actually a thread going for a while where people on this forum were posting links to their LinkedIn profiles to share with each other. Not sure if it's still around or not, but I'm too lazy to go looking for it.

If I add someone from here, I just make sure to mention my username on this site so they know I'm not some random dude on the internet.