Options

Changes to WGU BSIT - Software Degree (not Software Development)

ZfamilybizZfamilybiz Member Posts: 31 ■□□□□□□□□□
Anyone see the new change to the WGU BSIT - Software Degree (not Software Development)? Seem like a lot of courses were removed did anyone else notice that? And will we be held to the new change of courses? Seem like by glancing over it I should get credit for more classes than I already have. Meaning less time to graduate. I'm just curious how it works because it looks like a complete over haul of it. Less certs too.

Comments

• Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Grrr...I just noticed my degree program, BSIT/Sec, has a bunch of changes beyond the one that my student mentor talked to me about. It looks like they've dropped several certs and realigned a few courses. Thankfully, I am not teaching this week, so my mentor and I are going to have a long talk tomorrow! Thanks for bring the changes up (and sorry for jumping into your thread!).
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    What's it for? Installing software and using it?
  • Options
    f16jetmanf16jetman Member Posts: 108
    I am starting the IT: Sec on Feb 1 and my enrollment mentor told me they removed some certs because they are not help graduates landing jobs.
    I picked the wrong profession. Too much studying. :study:
    [FONT=&amp]Thus says the Lord: “Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches, [/FONT][FONT=&amp]but let him who boasts boast in this, that he understands and knows me, that I am the Lord who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth. For in these things I delight, declares the Lord.” Jeremiah 9:23-24[/FONT]
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • Options
    ZfamilybizZfamilybiz Member Posts: 31 ■□□□□□□□□□
    stryder144 wrote: »
    Grrr...I just noticed my degree program, BSIT/Sec, has a bunch of changes beyond the one that my student mentor talked to me about. It looks like they've dropped several certs and realigned a few courses. Thankfully, I am not teaching this week, so my mentor and I are going to have a long talk tomorrow! Thanks for bring the changes up (and sorry for jumping into your thread!).

No problem. Let me know what you find out because it could relate to my degree also.