70-270 question

sonicboysonicboy Inactive Imported Users Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi,
I'm new in MS certs, however I'm interested to know what kind of cert (name) can I get if I pass the above mentioned paper. :)

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Passing any MS exam, including the 70-270 Windows XP Professional exam, will make you an MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional). 70-270 also counts towards MCSA and MCSE.

Check out the following page for more information regarding MS certs:

icon_arrow.gifwww.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/default.asp
  • sonicboysonicboy Inactive Imported Users Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Webmaster wrote:
    Passing any MS exam, including the 70-270 Windows XP Professional exam, will make you an MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional). 70-270 also counts towards MCSA and MCSE.

Check out the following page for more information regarding MS certs:

icon_arrow.gifwww.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/default.asp

does that mean if I were to obtain MCDST, then pass 70-270 test, it will make me MCP?
    No, passing any MS exam will make you an MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional). So if you pass a single MCDST exam, you will be an MCP.
    Webmaster wrote:
    No, passing any MS exam will make you an MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional). So if you pass a single MCDST exam, you will be an MCP.
    suppose I pass any MS exam and is awarded with the certificate, how long is it going to last before it expires? icon_rolleyes.gif
    Microsoft certifications do not expire. Certifications such as MCSA and MCSE now include the OS version in the title. I.e. "MCSE on Windows 2000", or short "MCSE 2000". Microsoft exams do retire, which means you can't schedule and take them anymore. But the certification is valid for life. Obviously its value will decrease over time.

Also, once a new certification is available for a new Windows version, Microsoft provides 'upgrade' exams. I.e. the current 70-292 exam allows an MCSA on 2000 to become an MCSA on 2003.
    I've heard some people saying some certs expires every 2-3 years and have to retake the exams again. Any idea what kind of certs are they referring to? icon_confused.gif:
    Probably Cisco certifications, although there are others that require recertification, such as the CWNP exams. But Microsoft, and CompTIA certifications, are for life.
    Webmaster wrote:
    Probably Cisco certifications, although there are others that require recertification, such as the CWNP exams. But Microsoft, and CompTIA certifications, are for life.
    thanks for the info, buddy. :D