Options

How much labs/simulations are there for CCENT?

aeroguyaeroguy Member Posts: 17 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi, should i be concerned with knowing router protocols and configurations for CCENT? Are there any simulations on CCENT? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    No one can tell you what is on the exam, but if I were you I'd be prepared to configure any of the exam objectives that say "Configure."

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-17401
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    As is already pointed out we can't tell you what is on the exam. However we can tell you cisco says you need to be prepared for simulations as part of the testing format. Cisco also tells you you need to know ospf as part of the CCENT.

I don't know how the books break it out but if I remember there is overlap into ICND2 with ospf and they also added eigrp. I have not taken the Net+ exam but one thing people mention that separates that from CCENT is the need to learn the Cisco IOS for CCENT.

So with that said I hope it should become obvious that you need to understand at least some level of configuration. Once you read one of the books it should become clear which areas to focus on.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    no!all!no!all! Member Posts: 245 ■■■□□□□□□□
    For CCENT I would say you need to be pretty well rounded. Subnetting is big and I did see quite a bit of OSPF. Like others have said it's hard to say what exactly you'll see on the exam. I used Cisco's website to get a feel for the exam topics.
    A+, N+, S+, CCNA:RS, CCNA:Sec

"In high society TCP is more welcome than UDP. At least it knows a proper handshake" - Ben Franklin

2019 Goals: CCNP:RS & relocate to St. Pete, FL!