Options

Turned my notice in this week.

logisticalstyleslogisticalstyles Member Posts: 150 ■■■□□□□□□□
So this week I turned in my notice to my staffing agency. I was working as a contractor for the past 7 months. I got a good offer from an international company located not too far from where I've been working. It was pretty brutal and I didn't have the option to give 2 weeks notice but everyone seemed to understand. I didn't want to give my notice until all of the pre-employment checks were done. That only gave me a week to advise the people I worked with and the agency that placed me there. There was a nice counter offer from the company where I was contracting but I turned it down. I'm sure I made the right decision. Either way, no more contracting for me! This is a direct hire by a recruiter. My first day is Tuesday. I can't wait!

Comments

• Options
    TheProfTheProf Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 331 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good stuff and congrats!

What's the scope of the new role if you don't mind me asking?
  • Options
    H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congratulations on your new career :D I hope it's everything you hope it is :D
  • Options
    fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    hey...congrats! i've been interviewing quite a bit lately as well so hopefully i'll have some great news like you soon. it's also really cool that no one really 'tripped' about only a one week notice. many companies around here make it mandatory because they essentially kick you out when you give notice so they can start phasing you out of projects and information sharing - brutal.
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • Options
    Thanks all. The job is basically the same as what I'm doing now. Desktop support in an office environment. I was kind of expecting to be let go immediately but they let me finish out the week. Today is my last day. I'll have one day off which I'll use to do a dry run just to make sure I'm not late on the first day.
  • Options
    coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations on the new job!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • Options
    hurricane1091hurricane1091 Member Posts: 919 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What you should have done is GPS the location during an actual work day from your house in the morning so you get a feel for traffic!
  • Options
    Update: The new job is not working out. The commute is terrible. I now spend 4 hours a day commuting if I take mass transit and if I drive then I am destined to sit in horrendous traffic. The pay is much better but every day I struggle to stay awake at my desk. they told me this wasn't a call center job but on my first day they gave me a headset. In fact I have two headsets at my desk! One for incoming calls through Lync and the other for outbound calls from my desk phone. We don't get that many calls but we are expected to be on and available when we are at our desks and at least 2 of the 5 team members need to always be at their desk. The new job uses Remedy as a ticketing system which I absolutely hate. It makes no sense to have to fill out 20+ fields in a ticket for it to be complete. Since this is a global company we have a lot of functions that are spread out and only done by certain groups. I can't create distribution lists on my own, I have to go through a whole long approval process just to install software for users. I now realize that I made the wrong choice and should have taken the counter offer.

The good news is the company I was contracting at has not been able to fill my position and have asked me to come back for about 5k more per year in a salaried position with free health insurance. I think I will be accepting that offer. After that I refuse to job hunt for at least another 2-3 years. I'm just glad I didn't burn any bridges at the old company.
  • Options
    coreyb80coreyb80 Member Posts: 647 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Sorry to hear about the new gig, but at least the old gig asked you to come back and for more money. Free health insurance is definitely an added bonus.
    WGU BS - Network Operations and Security
    Completion Date: May 2021
  • Options
    Codeman6669Codeman6669 Member Posts: 227
    COngrats! your making more $ so go move closer to your job.

you think remedy is bad? Try CRM, you will beg for Remedy back ;)