CCENT vs Network +

romeo1808romeo1808 Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have my comptia Network + and was wondering would it make sense to get my CCENT so i can go for ccna securities? I do plan on taking Security + but i hear that with the ccna certifications its easier to land jobs. Also, I'm currently doing a post grad certificate in Information Securities management.

Comments

• Nightflier101BLNightflier101BL Member Posts: 134 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you're planning on going for the CCNA Security, you will need to have the CCENT at a minimum for the pre-requisite. It has been recommended to have the full CCNA Routing & Switching before branching out to ensure you first have the base knowledge.

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/community/certifications/security_ccna/syllabus

Robert
  • romeo1808romeo1808 Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks, In my current post grad program, i'm taking the cisco routing and switching course, as well as the ccna course. My main question, is it worth getting a CENT and ccna security when I have a Comptia Network + and getting a comptia Security +?
  • aftereffectoraftereffector Member Posts: 525 ■■■■□□□□□□
    How much do you enjoy and want to work with Cisco-specific equipment? CCENT / CCNA will help you with general R/S topics, but CCNA Security is very focused on specifically Cisco technologies and solutions. Net+ and S+ are both very broad. They're two very different certification paths...
    CCIE Security - this one might take a while...
  • Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I think CompTia is probably better for an entry level job and Cisco is better for your career development. There are to many variables to tell you what is right or wrong. Probably one of the most important is what type of job you will be doing in the next year or two.