Options

Assessment test prior to interviewing. Pen testing

TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
I had a little chat with a recruiter yesterday for a possible pen testing position. Now I'm currently in application security but have never done any pen testing, i would like to get my feet in the field however.

So after speaking with the recruiter, they asked me if i was willing to take an assessment test regarding network security online. Told them i had to issues with it, they send me the link, took the assessment test and told them i completed it. Waiting to hear back today. My question is, should i ask them how i did in the assessment? I was honest with them and basically told them that i have no experience with pen testing but it's something that i would like to do and learn. Having passed the CISSP recently, do you guys think they would consider someone with no pen testing experience?

Comments

• Options
    5ekurity5ekurity Member Posts: 346 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Would they consider? Maybe...it depends on the position you applied for, their needs and ability/willingness to train, etc. Sometimes size of the organization you applied at has a lot to do with it also - i.e. might be a lot more training opportunities at a larger organization that a smaller company. Having the CISSP never hurt anybody but it isn't (and not designed to) exhibit proficiency in pen testing.