Options

Advise on book for network + studying for exam

kaleobkaleob Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have a book "Network+ Certification by Tim Hoffman, Kostya Ryvkin and Dave Houde. Would anyone recommend this book for the network+ test from experience of the authors or do you recommend another book?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Well,

if you already have the book...use it.

Meyers or the Sybex text would be my first choices, followed by a cram book or passport. However, my first stop would be the objectives from CompTIA...A+, NET+ and SEC+ really are exams one can research their own material and with their experience (as experience is recommended for all three certificates) pass the exams just fine.

How long have you worked with the technology you plan to test on? When do you plan to take your exam?
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    Codeman6669Codeman6669 Member Posts: 227
    todd lammel Network+ book. good book, use his book for my ccent also and my will be buying his ccna book soon
  • Options
    kaleobkaleob Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I worked as an IT systems administrator for 3 years. I transferred from doing accounting to IT. I have some experience, but its been about 5 years ago.