Options

IS-IS in CCNP

dimitreeydimitreey Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Someone out there who's taken the BCSI this year could please help. I've learnt that IS-IS has actually been off the list of CCNP topics starting January. I have verified that this is true in the case of CCIE but i am not sure if I should focus less on IS-IS as a result for my CCNP. Has anyone come across questions on IS-IS in their BCSI exam this year. Any help will be much appreciated as preparing for something that is not necessary for the exam would just be a waste, considering I probably wont encounter IS-IS. .ever

Thanks
D

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    dimitreey wrote:
    I've learnt that IS-IS has actually been off the list of CCNP topics starting January.
    Its still on the blueprint for the exam - don't study it at your own risk.

Describe and implement integrated IS-IS
    • Describe the foundational concepts, features, and benefits of integrated IS-IS operation
    • Describe and configure NET addressing
    • Configure and verify multi-area integrated IS-IS

Just because someone you know doesn't remember their test questions, or got lucky and didn't get that many hard questions on a topic doesn't mean its off the test.

The blueprint itself is just a vague guide to the content of the tests, since they clearly state "other related topics may also appear on any specific delivery of the exam."
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    dimitreeydimitreey Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yeah your'e probably right Mikey! I was just expecting to find responses from people saying that they know it positively. but i still should not gamble with my exam. so i will get started on the ISIS soon
    ciao
    D
  • Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    No future in the ISP business? ^^
    I would definately study it anyway. I'd expect to see it in other exams outside of the CCNP.

KG
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • Options
    Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    I would study it..... And it was only removed from the R/S CCIE....You can face it on others. Also, if you go on to do Juniper, you will be happy that you took the time to learn it.

Kenny
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • Options
    wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    I would study it in depth, one of the Guys I work with sat the exam a few weeks ago and said he got loads of IS-IS questions. And to top it all off one of his 2 sims involved IS-IS
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.