Options

Routes to IT career

aw4381aw4381 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
What are some good routes to get into the IT field if I attend a community college? Which programs/certs are in demand?

I read a bunch of websites that say so and so gets paid 80k, but I am not sure how realistic this is.

I have a BA in a non IT field and currently attend a Masters program (part time-health care oriented) that wont graduate for 3.5 years which I want to primarily work in later.

My current job is a billing/coding clerk for a physicians office.

I will keep researching the forums in the meantime.

Regards

Comments

• Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    What do you want to do in the IT field? Programming, networking, systems, etc. That's your first start.

Why are you attending a master's program for a non-IT job if you are planning on a career change?

80k is definitely attainable with the right experience, drive, and certs/education. Even more than that depending on what you want to do and your location.
  • Options
    aw4381aw4381 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I probably should have worded that better and I just got this idea a week or so ago. I want to get into something like nursing informatics but with my health care field.
  • Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Ah my bad. Okay, I'm honestly not sure the best way to do this. I'll let someone else reply with knowledge of this transition.