Options

Novell newbie.

In order to enhance my job searching I've come accross quite a few companies that want some novell experience.

This is for the basic CNA exam 050-686
http://www.novell.com/training/bytopic/3016.html

But I thought novell worked as a bolton for windows. Does they have both a server side and O/S? Is this exam just for the O/S? I've ordered some CBT's but that appears more srver based.

Anyone help me out here with some info or explainations please. Im quite happy to load either the O/S or server onto a blank pc but want to know exactly what there after. icon_confused.gif
Remember I.T. means In Theory ( it should works )

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    CNA is for the Netware NOS (Network Operating System). To compare it with Microsoft certifications, it's similar to MCSA but less material, and only a single exam. It's is not like Microsoft's MCP for Windows XP for example.

In other words, yes, you need the server OS, Netware 6.5.

For example, the line "- Install NetWare 6.5 and Novell Client " on that page you linked to, refers to installing the Netware server OS, and installing the Novell Client software (not an OS) on an OS (i.e. Windows, and probably Novell's linux, but that will be covered in your study material.)
  • Options
    amyamandaallenamyamandaallen Member Posts: 316
    Thanks for reply

Thats sort of what I thought - novell server & a client on the PC's :D

Oh well, time to format my citrix server and bung on Novell icon_confused.gif

Cheers
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    You're welcome.

I think VMware supports Netware as well, so you can set up multiple servers and clients on virtual computers.
  • Options
    amyamandaallenamyamandaallen Member Posts: 316
    Its test 050-686 Im studying for.

Anyone know how many questions you need to get right?
  • Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    Test iformation can be found here: http://www.novell.com/training/testinfo/testdata.html

Look for 050-653 towards the bottom. 55 questions in 75 minutes. It is a form test with a cut score of 572. CNI requires 614.

They used to do a lot of adaptive tests. I usually did very well with those, but not as good with the form tests. I guess they found the adaptive tests were too easy.