Posting articles on Linkedin

--chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
Anyone on here do this?

I have had a few observations & ideas that I have shared with coworkers and customers that are well received, i thought I would try my hand at posting them on Linkedin.

Comments

• shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    Go for it, be ready to defend your position! I'm glad your brave enough to do it.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I am on the fence about doing it. I realized last night that my opinions and ideas are really just distilled versions of Joe Rogan's podcast lol.

For example: realizing everyone's life is different and you have your "own unique deck of cards" and that its more about how you play that deck and less about how everyone else plays their deck of cards (this is in reference to being happy at a job even though by other people's standards it may not pay enough or you may not directly benefit the world like a Nobel peace prize winner does).

(This is specific, but it illustrates a good point) How you cant drive a Porsche Boxter because its a "girls car". Because someone who is uncomfortable driving that car proclaimed it one day to be a "girls car", I should now feel weird about wanting to drive one? Get out of here!

Maybe I am an odd ball, but lately I have been realizing many of the constraints I placed on how I live and work were created by other people. Letting go of other peoples expectations and constraints has been one of the most rewarding things I have ever done. I thought sharing this perspective may be a good way to connect with people on Linkedin, but at the same time this isn't original content...who would want to read it?
  • ratbuddyratbuddy Member Posts: 665
    Already sounds better than 99% of the crap linkedin puts in my feed. I say go for it.
  • anoeljranoeljr Member Posts: 278 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I say go for it also. That'd be an article I'd actually read.
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Boxster is a girl's car. Men drive Cayman. :D
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
    dave330i wrote: »
    Boxster is a girl's car. Men drive Cayman. :D

There he is, we found him...its been narrowed down to Dave.

Thanks for the advice guys, I will put one together and look at it...I might put some of these out there.
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I, too, say go for it. If you are going to put out something that someone else said, link to it. Also, maybe summerize what someone said, provide a bit of color commentary, and then put it out. Honestly, I don't necessarily care what Joe Rogan said, as I can read his stuff, I would be more interested in what you have to say about what he said and how it affected you, your life, your outlook, etc. Stories are powerful, let your story shine through!

Edit: BTW...everyone, and I mean everyone, knows that the only true, man's man car that Porsche ever produced was the 914!
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
    stryder144 wrote: »
    I, too, say go for it. If you are going to put out something that someone else said, link to it. Also, maybe summerize what someone said, provide a bit of color commentary, and then put it out. Honestly, I don't necessarily care what Joe Rogan said, as I can read his stuff, I would be more interested in what you have to say about what he said and how it affected you, your life, your outlook, etc. Stories are powerful, let your story shine through!

Edit: BTW...everyone, and I mean everyone, knows that the only true, man's man car that Porsche ever produced was the 914!

Here ya go, watch this...and report back:

URBAN OUTLAW - THE MOVIE on Vimeo